About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- Hours per week: 44
- Education level: Other
About this role: Senior Engineer, Mechanical
Are you a driven, independent and enthusiastic Senior Mechanical Engineer interested in joining the team of our client, a reputable global Oil and Gas company? Our client offers an attractive compensation package, continuous development opportunities as well as a balanced work-life company culture.
Overall, Job Purpose to independently determine and draft the Requisitions for packages of mechanical components and / or equipment that are required in a project, assists in evaluating the technical aspects of bids and executing in order to deliver the packages on time and to ensure that the packages meet the technical requirements.
- Understands the specifications and requirements in the area of mechanical components and equipment (such as compressors, heat exchangers, pressure vessels, pumps etc.) of the assigned project;
- Independently develops technical specifications and attachments that are part of Requisitions;
- Independently evaluates the technical and engineering aspects as well as issues related to components delivery of bids received from suppliers and gives assessment to the Senior Engineer. Generally, Senior Engineers are assigned complex packages and / or medium risk equipment;
- Upon award to the successful tenderers, executes the orders for complex and / or medium risk packages by ensuring that documents (such as data sheets, drawings etc.) provided by the suppliers are complete, accurate and in order. An example is the specifications and information related to the interfacing between the mechanical component and other components;
- Being the focal point in respect of those packages handled, liaises and coordinates with various internal stakeholders, other discipline engineers, quality team, Engineering contractors and suppliers, ensuring that their needs are met timely and according to the specifications;
- Periodically visits suppliers, checks and tests the packages and their components to ensure that they function as per specifications. Occasionally, has to work with the suppliers to rectify the components making sure that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time;
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up with suppliers to rectify the defects or problems.Resolves technical issues independently that may arise during the execution of packages handled using expert knowledge and technical know-how, and takes part in HAZOP workshop related to the assigned package and ensures recommendations are incorporated in the completed package with appropriate HAZOP close out;
- Is responsible for capturing lessons learned in his/her functional area, entering in MIMS, and closing out project related MIMS actions.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering;
- 6 to 7 years of relevant working experience in Mechanical engineering in oil and gas sector;
- Is aware of applicable industry standards, Company standards, specifications and procedures for his functional area;
- Expert knowledge in the application of mechanical components such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, Generators etc and market practices in the oil and gas sector.
An Excellent opportunity to work in a reputable organization with stable employment and competitive remuneration. If you are up for a challenge, get in touch with us with your CV.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyOur client is among the most competitive Oil and Gas MNC companies worldwide. Build your career as a Senior Mechanical Engineer
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shinu Alexander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore