About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- Hours per week: 44
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Electrical Engineer
Are you a driven, independent and enthusiastic Senior Electrical Engineer interested in joining the team of our client, a reputable global Oil and Gas company? Our client offers an attractive compensation package, continuous development opportunities as well as a balanced work-life company culture.
- Understands the specific technical requirements of the assigned project specifically to Offshore and understand Industry Standard, Classification Society and Regulatory requirements;
- Able to handle electrical power distribution center and would be able lead this package independently;
- Plans and directs the running of application software such as ETAP and reviews and approves the datasheets deliverables prepared by Engineers and reviewed by the Project Lead;
- Directs Engineers in the team to develop engineering specifications (drawings, data sheets, etc) specific to the assigned project, reviews them and validates with the Project Manager and client before incorporating them in the RFQs;
- Independently evaluates all the bids received for marine/topside electrical/mechanical packages from various suppliers, performs a technical bid evaluation process, involves in cost estimation, ensures selected vendors meet technical/engineering and delivery requirements as stipulated in the project specifications and gives assessment to the Buyer who will follow up in the tender evaluation, price negotiation and award process;
- Reviews/checks draft drawings and documents from team members and ensures the timely provision of accurate documents and specifications to the successful vendors to enable the latter to execute their work and deliverables;
- Independently manages/develops solutions to technical/engineering and related problems by analyzing the issues/data, interpreting the analysis and evaluating various options/measures using experience, precedents and professional references;
- Reports any deviation from standard specification and practices, concept change to Department manager and seek his approval on the solution;
- Visits suppliers, checks and tests Electrical items to ensure that they function as per specifications. Where necessary, works with the concerned suppliers/contractors to rectify the issues and ensures that they comply with the specifications and are ready on time;
- Participates in meetings, reviews progress and addresses interface/implementation/execution issues, escalates where necessary to ensure that the project proceeds timely and smoothly
- Plans and organizes resources and schedule;
- Provides technical/engineering support and advice to Construction/Commissioning work at site, trouble shoots and follows up to rectify the gaps or problems. Where necessary, provides offsite support and advice.
- Bachelor in Electrical Engineering (Power System preferred);
- Minimum 6 - 12 years of relevant working experience in Electrical engineering (Power Distribution System) in oil and gas sector;
- Familiarity with FPSO/FSO and working experience in the oil and gas sector is preferred.
An Excellent opportunity to work in a reputable organization with stable employment and competitive remuneration. If you are up for a challenge, get in touch with us with your CV.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyOur client is among the most competitive Oil and Gas MNC companies worldwide. Build your career as a Senior Electrical Engineer
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Shinu Alexander is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore