About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, April 12, 2023
About this role: Supercritical Water Gasification Scientist
- The Supercritical Water Gasification Scientist’s primary role is to lead and contribute to new and existing projects using hot and compressed water for converting oil into valuable products including hydrogen, light olefins, and upgraded fuel;
- Manage and execute research and process development projects under hot and compressed water conditions (e.g. supercritical water gasification of liquid feedstock and plastic derived oils) with proper activities planning, stage gating, funding, budgeting, sourcing, and required work force;
- Expand capabilities through innovative internal and external research in areas related to pyrolysis, renewable fuels, gasification and others;
- Utilize project management tools in setting work objectives, detailing experimental scope, and timely execution of the projects towards sound technical solutions;
- Mentor engineering and technical staff in applying fundamental chemical principles;
- Investigate new and additional analytical tools for non-routine tests, near-real time and real time process chemistry;
- Design, setup, perform safety reviews, and execute lab and pilot plant scale experiments and programs in the area of supercritical water gasification and upgrading with a wide variety of feedstocks including crude oil, residue, condensate, plastic waste;
- Develop reactions kinetics, investigate reaction mechanisms and evaluate reactors hydrodynamics;
- Carry out process simulations and optimizations for the overall process and individual process steps;
- Create material and energy balances, process flow diagrams, piping and instrumentation diagrams and develop process design data for the individual components of the systems.
What you need to bring:
- Master’s Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, Physics; a PhD is preferred;
- Ten years of relevant experience, including technology development and process design/engineering associated with gasifier operation and supercritical water gasification technology development, with the ability to demonstrate scientific/technical record of achievements and capabilities in the area of utilizing hot and compressed water, including supercritical fluids;
- Wide experience in high-temperature and high-pressure experiments and process design and scale-up where hot and compressed water (e.g. supercritical water) is used with/without catalyst for gasification of liquid feedstock and plastic derived oil to produce valuable chemicals such as Hydrogen, light olefins and improved fuels;
- Sound experience and hands-on skills and have sufficient knowledge and capabilities on the necessary required chemistry, kinetics, fluid dynamics, and catalyst to conduct the research work effectively;
- Effective communication skills and a willingness to seek out cross-functional technical expertise as required, with a proactive approach to problem solving;
- The ability to provide written technical reports or presentations of technical work to a variety of audiences.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai