About this job
- Market: Life Sciences & Health Care
- Industry: Pharmaceutical
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Alberta
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, March 15, 2023
About this role: Sr. Project Engineer
We are currently hiring a Sr. Project Engineer for our client, a global company dedicated to innovating and delivering products and services to prevent and treat diseases in farm animals and pets, creating value for farmers, pet owners, veterinarians, stakeholders, and society. As a global leader in in animal health, our client is responsible for developing innovative solutions through their products and services that empowers those who raise and care for animals.
The Sr. Project Engineer will be responsible for the calibration and maintenance of the facility buildings, infrastructure maintenance and upgrades, capital delivery group, production equipment, energy conservation and facility management.
- Ensure site-wide adherence to all statutory requirements and company regulations and guidelines which affect engineering integrity
- Responsible for the cost-effective provision and development of the site services in support of the mission and strategy; maintenance and construction engineering support, contractor management, site effluent treatment/utilities/stores, engineering business systems, energy conservation
- Manage the Site Space Planning Strategy
- Oversee the implementation of the engineering services for the site
- Responsible for the oversight of the Capital Delivery Team who:
Manage and control the development, implementation, commissioning, and qualification of all capital projects on site according to agreed scope, timelines, and costs with stakeholders, Capital Contractor management, plan, organize and implement asset recapitalization processes that supports the site and company strategies
- Responsible for the development and implementation of engineering improvements to benefit the site
- To contribute, together with Management Committee colleagues, to the formation of policies, direction and business processes improving the business
- In collaboration with HSE, ensuring that all aspects related to Health, Safety, and Environment are pro- actively addressed
- Facility security meets corporate requirements
- Support new product launches to the site
- Provide technical, business and people leadership, direction, and support to the Engineering staff
- Develop staff to best satisfy the requirements of the department, site, and individuals
- Responsible for the initiation and driving forward of change within the engineering function and across the site
- Management and delivery of the overall engineering budget including IFM expenses
- Quality of service provided — measured by downtime (equipment) of production units related to engineering failure, overall response time to production requirements, customer satisfaction measure with engineering services (soft surveys done by engineering line managers with their customer — quality, timeliness, cleanliness)
- Utilization of works service and downtime result — provision of utilities electricity, steam, compressed air, and critical utilities - purified water etc.
- Performance of alliance contractors also based on quality and cost
- Compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements — tests and inspections must be done, and standards must be achieved
- Other duties as required
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering is required. A Master’s degree in engineering is preferred
- 7-10 years’ experience in Animal Health, Pharmaceuticals, Fine Chemicals and/or Food Industry
- Professional Engineer designation or ability to become Professional Engineer
- Understanding engineering statutory and labor force environment in geographies as required
- GMP experience preferred
- Proven analytical thinking and trouble-shooting skills
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and be a self-starter
- Proven ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Experience in validation activities associated with aseptic process, technology transfer and process validation
- Experience in FMEA, QRM, P&ID development, PFD development
- Exposure to Lean-Six sigma principles
- Experience in fermentation and cell technology
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Melissa Rice is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary