About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, February 26, 2023
About this role: QA/QC Engineer
- Review of quality documentation/procedures and to ensure that they are executed by contractors to the required level, providing trouble free performance to the Company;
- Act on the Company’s behalf to ensure that 3rd party equipment and personnel supplied for well construction and intervention activities are fit for purpose;
- Review inspection and test plans to verify that 3rd party contractors are performing all required activities in accordance to approved specifications and procedures. Witness all inspections, assembly and testing of equipment at supplier facility as requested;
- Review and assure that drill string / Oil Country Tubular Goods (‘OCTG’) items used on the well are compliant with applicable “Standard DS-1®” and American Petroleum Institute (‘API’) standards (raw materials, manufacturing, threading) and Company internal requirements;
- Witness and sign off assembly of Bottom Hole Assembly (‘BHA’), including directional drilling tools, testing and completions sub-assemblies. Submit final assembly reports to verify as build is in compliance with client specification;
- Witness and sign off build up liner hanger systems. Correct arrangement, pressure testing and shear pinning of the tools to be verified;
- Witness and sign off build sheets for specialist equipment (Positive Displacement Motor (‘PDM’), Measurement While Drilling (‘MWD’), Logging While Drilling (‘LWD’), jars, Rotary Storable System (‘RSS’) etc.);
- Witness and sign off on well head and mudline hanger system Factory Acceptance Test (‘FAT’) and stack up tests (including pressure tests);
- Verify that all lifting equipment supplied by 3rd party is certified, and compliant with client lifting equipment requirements. Perform physical inspection checks;
- Lead root cause investigations for any Company or 3rd party supplied equipment which either failed or operated at reduced capability and preparing investigation report accordingly with the findings;
- Provide daily job report recording work performed and inspections completed;
- Report shall contain non-compliance and agreed remedial plans. Equipment for QA/QC consideration to include but not limited to: Drill pipe, Heavy Weight Drill Pipe (‘HWDP’), API rotary connections, premium connections, casing/tubing, fishing equipment, BHA, MWD/LWD, jars, liner hangers, downhole motors, lifting equipment, Tubular Running Services (‘TRS’) equipment to include tongs, elevators, slips, links, power units, cementing tools, completion equipment, Drill Stem Test (‘DST’), non-magnetic tools, machine shop activities.
What you need to bring:
- Technical degree or equivalent;
- Directly promote, by example and leadership, sound HSEQ management practices and a desire for safety of personnel and protection of the environment in all activities associated with the team’s activities;
- Expert knowledge and experience of industry codes and standards for oil/gas equipment and materials;
- Gather statistical data and analyze trends to facilitate continuous improvement;
- Develop quality plans, schedule/conduct external audits;
- Technical skills must include a proven track record in 3rd party inspections and troubleshooting related problems;
- Experienced with one or more root cause investigation processes;
- Self-motivated, energetic, safety conscious individual who can perform under duress;
- Ability to work with multi-national employees;
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jithin Thomas is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai