About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- Hours per week: 38
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, March 23, 2023
About this role: Planning & Scheduling Engineer
Seeking a Planning and Scheduling Engineer who will responsible for the Project Schedule and all aspects of the Progress Measurement System.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
Duties as the Planning and Scheduling Engineer will include day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall Project schedule including putting in place the progress measurement system, verification and reporting.
The PE reviews Contractor Schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other project elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and the Project Plan.
The PE also establishes the schedule requirements and frequencies of issue for all of the contractor schedule deliverables. The PE strives for timely detection of trends and specifically deviations from the plan.
- Maintain regular contact with project teams and with the Functional Organization
- Maintain close liaison with planning engineers in the project teams
- Provide direction and feedback to Project planning and control engineers on schedule aspects of the project
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency in Project Services and on stewarded projects
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management
- Experience in project controls w/a focus on planning and schedule control
- Technical discipline certifications commensurate with work experience
- Willing to work overseas in a team environment
- Willing to relocate to required project site
- Strong Influencing, Consulting, Mentoring, Analytical, and Computing skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
- Docklands based role in Melbourne
- Monday - Friday roster
- $995pd including super
- 18 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane