Maintainability and Inspectability Engineer - Offshore & Subsurface Structures
Vacancy number • PUB406463
- To review the 3D model prior to participating in any Maintainability and Inspectability 3D model reviews,
- To participate in Maintainability and Inspectability 3D model reviews (30%, 60%, 90%, follow-up meetings…) at EPC premises or online, providing their expertise and input into the design and installation of equipment, relative to Maintainability, Inspectability and material handling.
- Identifying concerns and ensuring punches are rectified or recorded,
- To follow all punch list items recorded within the MIE Scope through to punch closure,
- To ensure and verify that all material handling devices defined during the detailed engineering phase have been correctly selected and methods of installation meet COMPANY standards.
About this role
- Ensure MIE department resources complete the HSEQ mandatory trainings on time,
- Monitor work activities, especially areas where unsafe acts could occur and ensure that risks have been properly identified and assessed prior to work execution (Job Safety Analysis),
- Ensure that potential failures, weaknesses and hazards are immediately reported,
- Verify during the 3D Model reviews that all HSE aspects associated with regards to Maintenance and Inspection can be safely performed during the life cycle of the Installation. This includes the ability to safely deploy life saving equipment in event of an emergency.
- Review deliverables issued by the MIE Contractor related to the Maintainability and Inspectability Work Pack.
- To read, and understand COMPANY standards associated with Maintainability, Inspectability and material handling (lifting and transfer),
- Pre review 3D models and create a report of findings including discrepancies & inconsistencies with standards, observations such as clashes, obstructions, and anomalies with regards to access and egress,
- Attend 3D model review sessions, raising your findings and ensuring they are addressed or captured within a punch list to be resolved,
- Ensure handling methods are critiqued and are in line with COMPANY standards and that the outcomes are detailed within the EPC material handling study / report,
- Discussion when required with SLS (Site Lifting Specialist) who is present at construction yard,
- Follow up on the punch list items with the project PDMS coordinator and relevant discipline engineers. Ensuring punch close out before Transfer to Operations and Maintenance.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering,
- Rigging & Lifting training.
- 3-8 years site experience with a strong background in Material Handling, Rigging & Lifting,
- Previous experience within engineering or design of petrochemical, refining, Oil & Gas facilities.
- Medically fit to travel to Offshore Oil & Gas Platforms,
- H2S OPITO and T-BOSIET trainings.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 30-JUN-2025, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Babu Harishchandra Jadhav is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406463