About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, April 29, 2023
About this role: Engineering Manager
- Ensure up to date market and industry knowledge.
- Manage and give the required supports for all design works for tenders and projects.
- Focus on Company’s business priorities while meeting customer demands.
- Focus on Value Engineering.
- Assist the Head of Engineering in design and evaluation of tender proposal and/or project design.
- Pro-actively communicate with other departments managers on engineering aspects.
- Respond qualitative and timely to engineering questions/assignments related to tender and projects.
- Ensure development of cost efficient (alternative) designs and value engineering solutions.
- Review and identify the need for verification of tender/project design.
- Propose and develop value engineering solutions.
- Develop design drawings and specifications for projects.
- Support the preparation of the full engineering data package required for commencement of detailed design/design verification/FEED endorsement and participating in answering on-going clarifications/queries as needed.
- Advise on allocation of work to sub-contractors/consultants.
- Prepare scope of work for consultants.
- Liaise with consultants and manage their design to the best interest of the Company.
- Understand the contractual framework (rights & obligations) and manage the design/engineering activities accordingly while protecting Company’s interest.
- Support the tender team to adapt the construction methodology to the most suitable design.
- Proactively communicate with Project Managers and Engineering Managers on projects.
- Assist the research and development activities related to engineering.
- Ensure correct design approach as per QA/QC procedure and standards.
- Ensure that all required advises and reports for other departments are timely provided.
- Assist in identification and evaluation of major risks and opportunities within engineering department.
- Provide leadership and guidance towards employees of engineering department.
- Stay up to date with respect to knowledge and ensure knowledge management in order to improve engineering capabilities within the company.
- Design and engineering related to dredging and marine construction works.
- Stimulate a result-oriented organizational culture by regularly sharing the coastal engineering department’s performance and results.
- Able to translate department targets into concrete and measurable goals for the division for a timely achievement of goals.
What you need to bring:
- Degree in Civil Geotechnical, Structural or Coastal Engineering or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of experience.
- Relevant certification is an advantage.
- Act as a role model in the division.
- Able to manage personnel with different cultural backgrounds.
- Motivate and inspire colleagues to develop knowledge, skills and competencies. Provide objective and constructive feedback in an appropriate way.
- Geotechnical engineering.
- Structural engineering.
- Take ownership of own objectives.
- Investigate, understand and respond to the needs of internal and Industry related experience.
- Dredging and Reclamation external stakeholders. Build and maintain strategically important Marine construction relations.
- Proactively serve and constructively respond to external client needs to meet business priorities.
- Show respect, flexibility and loyalty towards colleagues throughout the Years of experience organization.
- Collaborate constructively and effectively with all levels within and outside the organization. Actively listen and be persuasive in reasoning.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly orally and in writing. Adapt oral and written communication style to the audience.
- Manage conflict, solve problems and mediate between different interests of multiple stakeholders.
- Able to identify and mitigate risks within the scope of the division and related to other divisions/department interfaces.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Jithin Thomas is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai