About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Exploration & Geosciences
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, March 11, 2023
About this role: Area Manager Underground Minng
The Area Manager is accountable to deliver the mine project within the scope, budget and schedule while ensuring delivery of the project in adherence to agreed safety, quality and environmental standards and criteria.
- As the main site representative of the mine project team, ensure adherence to the overall execution strategy as set out in the scope, schedule, estimate, budget, and contract packages.
- Manages and coordinates the outputs of their assigned project team in line with the detailed scope, cost and schedule control baselines and manages any project changes in terms of this agreed baseline.
- Primary interface with other site and functional Managers to ensure no aspect of the project is overlooked or lags in progress, develops and implements recovery plans.
- Mitigates project delays by coordinating the different functions (engineering, procurement and contracts, construction) and establishing priorities.
- Recommends to the Project Director any requirements for additional resources and strategies to maintain the schedule.
- Participates in safety audits/interaction of work areas ensuring all activities align with the project's H&S system, policies, and procedures
- Manages and ensures compliance to project procedures including the management of project documentation and ensuring these are received, reviewed, commented, responded, and incorporated in project archives.
- Exercises budgetary control and forecasting to ensure costs are not exceeded without proper authority. Provide any required information to the Project Director to obtain additional authorization.
- Measures progress on all contracts for reporting progress to the Project Director and broader team as required.
- Updates forecast of cost and schedule as prescribed by the project requirements.
- Anticipates project risks and reviews and approves the project and Contractor’s schedule and makes recommendations on deviations/corrective actions.
- Maintain a strong working relationship with Site Operations team to ensure alignment in and coordination of activities.
- Works closely and coordinate with Operational Readiness manager to ensure the timely transition from project to operations.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum 10 - 15 years of Industry experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining or Civil Engineering, Geology, or another related area.
- Deep knowledge of Underground Mine Design.
- Bilingual in Spanish – This would be considered an asset but not a requirement
- Combined experience in underground mine operations, mine development and mining studies
- Experience managing relationships with Contractors, consultants, industry experts, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and internal clients/stakeholders.
- Previous experience in project Coordination/Administration and Project execution.
- Previous work in Large to Megaprojects, ideally since inception.
- Experience with mine studies: conceptual, feasibility, trade-off, financial models.
- Previous experience in Latin America and understanding of their work culture would be considered an asset.
- Underground mine engineering; including mine design, infrastructure and services.
- Experience in leading multi-disciplinary teams.
- High regard for Health & safety.
- Team leadership behaviors: experience building teams and coaching team members. Able to assign clear tasks, encourage contributions with an inclusive style and identify critical issues.
- Flexible communication style: the successful candidate will require the maturity to interact with a series of both internal and external stakeholders, ensuring key information is delivered and decisions are made.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Anything Else?About UsBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Leonardo Lopes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary