Today it’s World Environment Day. The United Nations Day for encouraging awareness and action to protect our environment. On this special day, the Brunel Foundation presents ‘Brunel Trash ’n Trace’.
‘Brunel Trash ‘n Trace’ ties in with the Brunel Foundations focus on actions to reduce (plastic) waste before it reaches our waters. It aligns with our believe that every change we make, every piece of plastic we don’t use or clean up, will make a difference.
With Brunel Trash ‘n Trace we like to encourage you, on an individual basis, to make a start with cleaning up your environment. Only if corona regulations allow this and with the right precautions. If you have the opportunity to make walks in your neighborhood, why not use the occasion to pick up some litter at the same time?
To support these individual clean up activities we are very pleased to introduce our partnership with Litterati. Litterati created an app that is empowering people to make a significant, measurable impact on the environment as an individual. How does it work?
- Download the Litterati app
- Join the Brunel Global Trash ‘n Trace Challenge – Challenge code 370283
- You see a piece of litter where it doesn’t belong?
- Take a picture and tag it.
- The app will apply a geo-tag and timestamp the picture.
- Of course don’t forget to clean up the litter.
- Do your friends & family like to join? Please invite them by providing the challenge code and help us to achieve our goals.
Together all these pictures create a database of litter maps all around the world. The collected data will be used to create awareness, convince governments to introduce e.g. a deposit programme or to challenge organisations to find sustainable solutions for a litter-free world.
You would be surprised what a difference picking up one piece of trash can make in a bigger picture. Can you imagine what impact we can create worldwide?
Watch the personal message from Jeff Kirschner, CEO of Litterati: