About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Saudi Arabia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Technology Technical Writer
- The Technology Technical Writer’s primary role is to provide specialist knowledge and skills for the creation of content within the technology organizations and domains across Company’s operations; and to analyze detailed and technical information, strategies, programs and technologies, and provide accurate and impactful material for dissemination throughout the Company;
- Prepares technology content on all the existing and upcoming research programs (heavy focus on sustainable and flagship critical business areas) and the technologies within them, for use in the company’s communications channels and the department’s reports and strategies, as well as for delivery throughout TOC;
- Formulates technical responses, in conjunction with the Technology Communications function, in any necessary engagement with external stakeholders, such as: partners, analysts, consumers and general public;
- Writes and edits material for publication in the department’s annual, bi-annual, quarterly and monthly reports, committees, dialogues and forums;
- Produces special articles that focus on technology and research science for company periodicals, and industry publications such as the Dimensions online magazine and the Journal of Technology;
- Prepares special reports and proposals for presentation by department managers or chief technologists and for use at meetings with shareholder representatives;
- Investigates, and seeks to implement new writing and content generation techniques and potential programs;
- Advises and leadership on how to generate strategic and impactful plans, programs, and operations, and is available to them as required;
- Provides content generation; and edits presentations, reports, weekly highlights, proofreads reports, abstracts, patents and other technical and scientific proofs in detail;
- Produces high quality content for multiple communication channels and audiences, i.e. sustainable and flagship technology communications packages, presentations, publications, speeches, scripts, marketing, web, and social media platforms;
- Develops a thorough understanding of the company’s and TOC’s communications channels, needs, and the unique attributes of a research organization;
- Communicate with scientists, engineers, division leaders, commercial experts, and management to become familiar with business strategies and research projects, to ensure alignment within the department and administrative area, as well as towards Company’s business goals when communicating to various audiences and/or stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Journalism or related field from a recognized University;
- A proven background in more technical or industrial programs, which include written English language proficiency, will be considered;
- 10 Years’ experience in in public relations, journalism, press or related fields, with a substantial amount in global locations with proven content generation in technical fields;
- Highest command of oral and written English; proficiency Arabic is highly desirable;
- The knowledge of Company operations, policies, and challenges, with the ability to present the corporate image, would be beneficial. However, previous experience in a similar organization, with proven content generation in technical fields will also be considered;
- Proficiency in utilizing print and editing software;
- Able to write in explanatory, technical and storytelling styles for multiple audiences.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai