About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Houston
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior. Mechanical Engineer
Brunel Energy is working with a major oil and gas company, looking to hire a Senior Mechanical Engineer (Static Equipment) to support business from their Houston, TX location for a contract to permanent position.
This role is responsible for oversight of the design, specification, installation, commissioning, start up and operation of mechanical static equipment on RGLNG and NCS projects. Position is responsible for oversight of the EPC contractor’s activities during project execution, initially in detailed design, through to mechanical installation on site, to startup and into operations.
- Serves as company’s mechanical static equipment subject matter expert during FEED, detailed design, procurement, construction, commissioning, start-up, and operation of projects.
- Collaborates with the company's Engineering team to ensure that facilities are designed to be safe, fit-for-purpose, and meet the specified operational standards.
- Reviews EPC contractor deliverables including data sheets, design bases, specifications, engineering calculations, vendor documents, engineering studies, reports, and scopes of work.
- Ensure projects align with the organization's safety standards, meet quality benchmarks, and are within cost and schedule.
- Contributes to the creation of mechanical data sheets, drawings, material requisitions, technical evaluations, and equipment specifications for all static equipment, such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks, columns, towers and fired heaters.
- Participates in technical evaluations, including process hazard analyses, 3D model reviews, and constructability reviews.
- Facilitates static equipment related technical discussions with partners such as equipment suppliers, regulators, and technology partners.
- Oversees the creation of comprehensive equipment monitoring and preservation programs and ensures their successful implementation to ensure target facility reliability and availability.
- Participates in commissioning activities such as walk-downs, inspections and pre start-up safety reviews.
- Supervises the EPC contractor on-site to ensure static equipment is delivered and maintained in accordance with project standards and specifications, design, and contractual terms.
- Bachelors degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- 10+ years experience in a similar role at an EPC contractor or operator.
- 3+ years experience during execution phase on a LNG liquefaction project.
- Working knowledge of the design, installation, operation and maintenance of pressure vessels, heat exchangers, storage tanks, columns, towers and fired heaters.
- Dedicated to upholding safety, ensuring quality, and protecting the environment.
- Expert knowledge of industry codes and standards (API, ASME ANSI, ISO, TEMA, ALPEMA).
- Strong working knowledge of the hydrocarbon processing industry, including LNG, refining, and petrochemicals.
- Ability to work to project deadlines, assuring the accuracy and timely completion of deliverables.
- Working knowledge of project documents such as PFD’s, P&ID's, equipment specifications, packaged equipment vendor documents, and commissioning and start up procedures.
- Working knowledge of the specifications, operation, and maintenance of multiple types of static equipment. Experience with cryogenic equipment is desirable.
- Working knowledge of typical work processes employed in the execution of large-scale EPC projects, including management of change, design change evaluations, and requests for information.
- Ability to develop performance criteria and inspect and test static equipment.
- Good peripheral knowledge of the contribution of other disciplines such as control systems, rotating equipment, and piping engineering to the success of project execution.
and a safe on-boarding process. With our industry insights and recruiter expertise, we are
supporting projects and clients worldwide. With Brunel you gain experience and expertise,
building on your skills and developing your career further.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel FamilyBrunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we
continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and
talented individuals working together through a vast array of services. Join us today
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Joshua Dean is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel USA - Houston