About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Senior Electrical Engineer
- Study and develop conceptual designs, prepare detailed engineering solutions, plan, monitor and coordinate all assigned modifications (projects) with project team for a wide range of tasks related to discipline scope. Act as a key focal point for in-house/subcontracted engineering.
- Review of engineering studies conducted in line with defined requirements, industry best practices and contractual agreements.
- Coordinate discipline review and approval of design and interfaces with Contractor/Vendor on Company requirements and specifications.
- Review and approve all related technical documents and coordinate with superiors.
- Review and advice on layouts, site preparation, electrical schemes, detailed electrical design drawings, Single Line Diagram, electrical data sheets, etc. during technical evaluation stage of bidder’s proposals to assess technical capability and ensure compliance with project specifications.
- Ensure projects’ electrical engineering design and engineering activities are executed according to specification, within budget, with the contract scope of work and meets time schedules.
- Coordinate and provide engineering support for construction activities, including the assurance that engineering details required for construction are provided.
- Review and approve modifications (projects) as-built documents.
- Conduct site verification and data collection of existing and new facilities as part of study preparation.
- Provide study in various aspects of electrical engineering such as load study, voltage drop, cable sizing, load flow analysis, motor starting, short circuit analysis, electrical equipment selection, protection coordination, gas and dust hazardous area classification, lighting/Illumination calculations, lightning protection systems, grounding systems, cathodic protection, heat tracing, etc.
- Consults with representatives of Process, Construction, Maintenance, Inspection, Operation, Reliability, etc. to ensure that designs meet the objectives.
- Execute verification, studies and detail design following best engineering practices and optimization in term of cost, construction simplicity, operability and maintainability, HSSE, etc.
- Develop detailed design drawings such as Single Line Diagrams, layouts, plans, power circuit diagrams, loop drawings, cable routing and wiring diagrams, etc.
- Sizing of electrical equipment based on latest applicable standards.
- Selection of electrical equipment within gas/dust classified zones.
- Prepares supply and services purchase specifications.
- Prepares MTOs and BOQs.
- Prepares Scope of Work and technical specification for electrical subcontracts.
- Prepares technical documentation for electrical material requisition.
- Carry out technical evaluations.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline Engineering.
- 8 years of experience in design/engineering in the field of Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry.
- Good knowledge of discipline design/engineering with sufficient experience in different discipline areas.
- Minimum Experience for discipline Senior Engineer position:
- 12 years of experience in design/engineering in the field of Oil and Gas/Petrochemical industry.
- In-depth knowledge of discipline design/engineering with wide experience in multidiscipline areas.
- Knowledge of electrical design/engineering.
- Familiar with industrial automation systems.
- Familiar with electrical/automation equipment packages.
- Knowledge of network transient analysis studies using ETAP Software
- Lighting calculation and studies using DIALUX lighting/Illumination software
- Familiar with gas and dust hazardous area classifications
- Familiar with Industrial/International Codes and Standards IEC, IP 15, NFPA 70, etc.
- Excellent Verbal and written English communication skills
- Project Management
- Time management skills
- Works independently most of the time and/or as part of an integrated project
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Good IT/MS office knowledge
- Familiar with SAP system
- Monthly Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours /5 Days
- 1 to 5 years with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Life Sciences, Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Future Mobility, Mining and Renewable Energy.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha