About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Phase 2c Onshore Lead Systems / Process Engineer
On behalf of our client, ne of the world’s great energy production corporations, we are currently seeking for a Lead System/Process Engineer.
In this role, you will be responsible for overseeing the process design of the Ichthys Phase 2c (onshore) and CCS project, which will involve the modification of LNG trains to manage additional CO2 in the feed-gas stream and the installation of a CO2 compression and dehydration system for CCS sequestration.
You will ensure the provision of all detailed process discipline design information and procurement data packages for the project, overseeing contract and vendor design teams and responsible for all process engineering outputs.
- Manage design interface and integration for all process and production system integration mattersfor new infrastructure plant and all Brownfield works for the Phase 2c (onshore) and CCS project
- Ensure interface with Internal Technical Authorities and Operations Engineering is demonstrated.Ensure that all relevant stakeholders including Tokyo technical division are informed, and theirsupport is secured for all key Project process technical and engineering activities and deliverables.
- Ensure Lesson Learnt from Phase 1 and Phase 2b are used, and provide LL at the end of the Phase 2c (onshore) and CCS Project
- Manage the technical input for process and production system integration matters to thedevelopment, issue and clarification stages of the execute contract ITT including all relevantspecifications and standards and Approved Vendor List.
- Expedite delivery of process design documentation to meet the required schedules by users (ieProject Team, Contractors, vendors etc)Job Description
- The candidate is expected to demonstrably undertake all activities in accordance with the policies set by the company.
- Demonstrate and encourage empathetic teamwork as a member of a culturally diverse organisation
- Define and manage the engineering requirements and quality of process design deliverables forBrownfield works of 2c FEED and EXECUTE stages including through enforcement of relevantportions of the technical assurance plan
- Manage project TQD’s issued for all process design matters in accordance with the establishedprocess to both rapidly assess and respond to technical queries and clarifications from both internal and external parties.
- This will include managing both temporary and permanent deviations to standards and specifications for the process discipline, and will require engagement of stakeholders and obtaining authorization from relevant technical authorities as needed.
- Ensure the deliverables needed for process related procurement are provided in line with scheduled procurement activities (including tendering or RFQ as appropriate). Assist procurement department, or oversee procurement by external providers) by providing technical governance and oversight during procurement phase (eg review of vendors docs /technical assistance/ensure proper IRC at factory delivery)
- Participate in workshops and reviews, and ensure adequate representation from processdiscipline or other affected stakeholder groups from within the Project team or Operations(Production/Maintenance).
- Represent the company in engagements with 3rd party consultants and contractors for allocated works or packages.
- Support inputs for required updates to the LNG Safety Case to accommodate plant changesunder the project.
- Ensure proper close out of process discipline engineering at the end of Phase 2c (enforce issue /update of all required documentation, including support for suitable/quality population of EDWdatabases where relevant)
- Provide inputs for schedule development for the engineering phases relating to process design forFEED and EXECUTE as part of overall project schedule – including assessment of inputs from 3rdparty providers
- Actively participate in and contribute to the Risk Management plan for the project at all requiredphases – including taking ownership for completion of allocated actions to manage or mitigate risks Safety
- Provide leadership and guidance on all aspects of design for Process design and Systemsintegration, including Asset Integrity, Technical / Personnel Safety during FEED, contract tendering, and Detailed Design phases. This will include ensuring compliance to relevant portions of the technical assurance plans, which include assurance measures such as HAZID, HAZOP, SIF & SIL assessments, overpressure assessments (including normal and abnormal scenarios), etc, as well as audit and assurance of compliance to applicable codes and standards.
- Tertiary engineering degree
- Extensive Process design in Oil and Gas industry
- Background in gas processing and LNG facilities engineering with brownfield scope elements.
- Experience process design for module build delivery model is a plus.
- Experience in FEED and detailed design delivery, preferable worked in engineering design office atsome stage in career (10 years minimum).
- Familiar with Australian statutory codes and standards, or associated obligations under selfregulatory safety case regimes, for process design and process safeguarding in oil and gasenvironments
- Familiar with technical assurance plans (incl key engineering codes and standards) and processesfor managing design change or review and approval of deviations and exemptions
- Strong communication skills (technical and interpersonal)
- Able to effectively present to Project Managers
- Operations (Production)
- Operations (Engineering)
- Operations (Strategic Engineering)
- External Engineering providers (engaged via Contracts)
- Implementation (Shutdown)
- Implementation (Brownfields)
- Excellent rates
- 12 month contract (Initially)
- Work with a global Lead Oil & Gas Operator
- Perth based role (CBD)
- Phase 2C Project
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth