About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Materials Engineer – Good Inwards – Mechanical
- To Inspect the materials to the PO requirements (Technical Specification, certification, packaging, and the physical condition) and conclude the inspection outcome.
- To refer required specifications, codes, standards or other Engineering Documents, drawings, datasheets for carrying out the Inspection.
- Report item wise visual, dimensional, quantities with UOM in the Inspection report with clear status (Accepted / Rejected) identified. Shall be able to justify the reasons for rejections to raise complaint Notifications to suppliers.
- Shall be responsible for segregation of accepted / rejected / Quarantine Materials after physical Inspection of materials
- Ensure proper tracking systems are followed to keep the records of Inspection documents and retrieval when required.
- Ensure resolution of Certification CNR in co-ordination with stake holders and release of accepted materials from SAP Quality Blocks as applicable.
- Independently responsible for Materials Inspected. Shall be able to justify queries / rejections from warehouses or end users and resolve the issues.
- Carry out Preservation Inspection and old stock material Inspection as required from time to time and submit Inspection reports.
- Shall be able to Drive the Car and make inspection visits to the Warehouse locations as directed.
- Responsible for housekeeping of Inspection area in compliance to HSE regulations.
- Adhere to section work instructions / guidelines to perform the inspection activities.
- Prepare section weekly / monthly reports and submit to Sr. Material Engineer (Insp)
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering under respective discipline (Mechanical / Metallurgy / Electrical & Instrumentation).
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in QA/ QC & Inspection environment with a minimum of 6 years’ experience with Oil & Gas / Allied process industry out of which at least 5 years should be relevant to Materials Inspection.
- Knowledge of General Engineering Practices / International Standards
- Well-versed and thorough knowledge in relevant international standards API, ASME, ISO, NEMA, IEEE, IEC, NFPA, BASEEFA, ATEX, ANSI, ASTM, TEMA, BS and related codes / standards / specifications & statutory regulations
- Able to understand and interpret specifications & regulations required to deliver the job function effectively.
- Good command of certification requirements for various materials and plant equipment.
- Capable of interpreting technical drawings, data sheets and specifications.
- Shall be Computer literate with knowledge of ERP software (SAP) and MS office
- Good written and spoken English, problem solving skills, technical communication and interpersonal skills
- Should have valid Qatar driving license.
- Capability to understand and follow international safety standard followed in Oil & Gas industry. IOSH certificate Managing Safely or equivalent is mandatorily required prior to start working with Company.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 5 years with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha