About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Master Data Analyst
Master Data Analyst
Calgary, Red Deer, AB or Sarnia, ON
Brunel is currently looking for an entry-level Master Data Analyst to join their Procurement Technology Team. In this role, you will be reporting to the Supervisor of Procurement Technology and will be responsible for creating Material Identifications (MIDs) for stock and non-stock materials, as well as finished and semi-finished goods, to align with our master data standards and data governance. Your primary focus will be on data entry, with some accountability for reporting, and issue resolution, as well as providing support to our internal stakeholders related to Material Master.
- Create, maintain, and review Material Master Data pertaining to multiple master data objects ensuring data consistency and accuracy across all modules within SAP S4/Hanna.
- Manage, prioritize, and execute data requests and data governance activities to meet business requirements.
- Understand and enforce standardized data entry procedures to ensure uniformity across all impacted systems
- Good understanding of classification structure/taxonomy related to Material Master Data.
- Understand the various data flags and fields of each material master data object and how it relates both upstream and downstream processes.
- Understand risk impacts within the Material Master Data components across all domains to ensure the integrity of the master data.
- Collaborate with geographically dispersed cross-functional business teams for input into the various data governance activities
- Collaborate with the cross-functional teams to understand the root causes of any data inconsistencies and help develop strategies to prevent future discrepancies.
- Provide support to our stakeholders related to Material Master Data.
- Ensure material master data follows data governance policy at point of creation incorporating Procurement, Engineering, Maintenance, Reliability as well as Production requirements into the creation of material master data.
- Creation and or maintenance of internal procedures.
- Provide support of mass upload requests of material master data.
- Utilize system alerts and reports to monitor irregularities or discrepancies in data.
- Implement data correction protocols that involve validating the accuracy of the updated data, getting the necessary approvals for changes, and documenting the corrections for audit purposes.
- College Diploma in Business or Information Technology along with 1-3 years related experience OR 3-5 years combination of post-secondary education and related experience.
- Knowledge and application of SAP S4/Hana with a good understanding of relevant material master data domains and their impact on other modules, business processes, and system configuration would be considered an asset.
- Technical background (mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, materials management, etc.) or ability to interact in a technical environment is considered an asset.
- Good understanding of data management (governance, data quality measurement and management, security, metadata, integration)
- Self-starter with the ability to balance multiple tasks, time and competing priorities to effectively complete tasks under tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to clearly articulate business requirements in a clear and simple way to a range of stakeholders and business users.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders through well-prepared communications.
- Team player who collaborates well in a team environment, manages conflict, supports team success, and contributes to a positive team dynamic.
- Ability to work collaboratively with internal and external business partners.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Excel and MS Office suite.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain focus on a repetitive task for a long duration.
- Able to perform in a rigorous, fast paced, and high-volume environment.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction.
- Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Andy Borgatti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Canada - Toronto