About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Lead Planner
- The Lead Planner for the Business Team is responsible for the integration of Onshore Project EPC schedules and all aspects of planning, scheduling, progress measurement, monitoring, verification and reporting.
- This includes day-to-day activities for the development, maintaining, monitoring, controlling and integrating of the overall EPC schedule including putting in place the EPC progress measurement system, monitoring, verification and reporting.
- Understands the key project drivers, defines roles and responsibilities, develops communication protocols, identifies, develops and implements project procedures planning and scheduling. Coordinates and facilitates all planning sessions and development of plans for Project teams.
- The prime objective of planning is to improve project performance by anticipating issues, avoiding negative situations and reducing the frequency of poor outcomes.
- Embedded robust planning management practices have been shown to contribute to the consistent delivery of successful projects.
- Conducts periodic assessment to ensure Project Controls procedures and methods are adhered to by PMT members.
- Provides overall project control including project planning, scheduling and progress measurement expertise to the Onshore Project.
- Reviews EPC Contractor’s project control procedures (home office and field control procedures) to ensure that Company’s requirements are met.
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
- Advises Project Controls Head and Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Reviews and checks EPC Contractor’s progress reports for accuracy of progress measurement. Verifies, reviews and endorses claimed progress reported by EPC Contractor.
- Reviews and endorses schedule and progress Baselines and forecasts prepared by EPC Contractor.
- Analyzes schedule and progress trends reported by EPC Contractor.
- Supports PMT with ongoing project schedule development, monitoring and progress analysis, reporting and forecasting activities. Periodically updates NFS Onshore Level 1 schedule.
- Develops and maintains overall project schedules and ensuring that these products reflect the approved project design/execution scope. Periodically monitors interfaces schedule and liaise with project teams to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Responds to ad hoc requests from PMT related to Scheduling and Reporting, including development of progress metrics, and/or key performance indicators.
- Ensure PMT and Contractors are working towards the correct priorities and schedules have clear Critical Path & Sub Critical Paths to allow for timely sequenced start-up of the facilities as defined in the Management Control Schedule.
- Reviews productivity frequently to ensure Contractor can achieve the plan and advises when slippages are seen in Productivity Factor (PF) or Schedule Performance Index (SPI).
- Bachelors’ degree in any of the following discipline (Engineering, Science, Commerce or Business)
- Minimum of 12 years’ experience in a major LNG project environment within the oil and gas industry, with exposure in planning, scheduling, schedule risk assessment including project controls, and schedule development.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the Planning / scheduling software (application) such as Primavera.
- Good knowledge of using Primavera Schedule Risk Analysis software for conducting Schedule Risk Analysis.
- Good understanding of project phases and sequences (Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Completion).
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritizing skills.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Advanced computer literacy (Primavera, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to operate autonomously on a results-oriented basis handling multiple and diverse tasks.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Muhammad Umair Afzal
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha