Lead of Commissioning I&C
Vacancy number • PUB406528
- Responsible for overseeing I&C pre-Commissioning & Commissioning activities to ensure EPC Contractor delivery of all aspects of planning and execution of systems completions including pre-commissioning and commissioning activities.
- This position is responsible to ensure all planning and execution activities associated with the I&C pre-comm/comm by the EPC contractor, including third parties such as vendors, consultants, sub-contractors etc are executed to Project’s specifications and requirements.
- Major challenges for this role include (1) effectively managing EPC contract and pre-comm/comm team to produce timely deliverables up to RFSU and start-up. (2) maintaining constructive working relationship with EPC contractor to ensure delivery and execution of pre-comm/comm workscope in accordance with project requirements and (2) maintaining relationships with stakeholders (e.g. Operations, quality, engineering, construction) to ensure alignment of systems completions execution.
- Delivering a complex Brown-field scope of work connected to very large existing and new Facilities to achieve project expectations, in particular design and construction for multi-disciplinary Tie-ins in existing facilities.
- Delivery of Commissioning of complex Offsites, common Storage and Transport Facilities.
About this role
- Provides I&C pre-comm/comm expertise, for planning and execution and leadership driving EPC contractor to deliver in accordance with project deliverables and execution schedule.
- Directs the preparation and stewardship of I&C pre-comm/comm scope of work in EPC contract, supports contractor by helping address gaps, coordinate with operations and other disciplines within the team.
- Maintains close liaison with members of Engineering, quality, construction and operations Teams to deliver clear plans and efficient execution of the I&C scope of work.
- Accountable for ensuring execution of work is technically aligned and in compliance with project objectives and specification.
- Manages EPC Contractor's I&C pre-comm/comm activities including validation of resources, personnel qualifications and experience; usage of appropriate tools; adherence to project objectives, requirements, specifications, and verification processes.
- Assesses and validates EPC Contractor’s capability in providing all procedures, progress measurement and reporting to steward the I&C systems completion activities.
- Manages the I&C discipline deliverables and field engineering in support of pre-comm/comm activities.
- Responsible for the schedule of I&C activities and related milestones, provides data (rundown curves, charts, graphs) and recovery plans to address any schedule delays if any.
- Accountable for knowledge of and sharing previous lessons learned, capturing and communicating current lessons learned to support review teams and future projects.
- Review, update and amend I&C procedures and specifications to ensure that all pre-comm/comm references are up to date and relevant.
- Bachelor Degree in I&C Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of eight (8) years experience as an I&C Commissioning Lead.
- Expertise in systemization, completions database, development of pre-comm/comm procedures
- Strong leadership skills, experience leading multi-discipline and multi-cultural teams in commissioning field execution
- Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Startup of Brown-field onshore I&C systems. Hands-on experience with testing, functional checks and start-up of complex I&C systems.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Dec 2027, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
At Brunel, we believe that safety is not just a priority, but a value that is integral to our company culture at all levels of our organization.
- We establish measurable objectives and targets, consistently reviewing our activities, risks, legal obligations, and performance.
- Brunel Americas is a proud member of Houston Business Roundtable, & Utah Safety Council, and a participant of ISNetworld RAVS Plus Audit.
- Brunel consistently utilizes performance measuring and monitoring. This includes meticulous record keeping and routine inspections.
While compensation is important, finding the right cultural fit is equally crucial. At Brunel, our longstanding cultures and values have contributed to a positive employee experience, which is why some candidates have chosen to stay with us for 30 + years.
- Our values are at the center of everything we do –Entrepreneurship, Integrity, Results-driven, & Passion for people.
- Brunel is committed to an inclusive workforce and we understand that Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential for a successful working culture, business, and community. Thus, Brunel takes both a global and regional approach to DE&I.
At Brunel, we prioritize candidate’s career abilities and needs even before the hiring process begins.
- With open lines of communication and a dedicated team assigned to every contractor, we strive to make every employee experience with us as easy and seamless as possible.
- Our contractors create and maintain lasting industry relationships that can be leveraged throughout their career.
- We prioritize employee needs in order to build strong partnerships that support our employees’ long-term professional success and development.
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Namitha Sambhram Aivalli is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number: PUB406528