About this job
- Area of expertise: Embedded Software
- Location: Singapore
What is required?
- Hours per week: 0
- Education level:
About this role: Lead Marine Commissioning Engineer (Instrumentation & Control)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in engineering reviews and validation activities, such as HAZID, HAZOP, and operability assessments.
- Independently review and develop complex commissioning documents, identify issues, and work with the team to address them.
- Create commissioning procedures for instrumentation and control systems onshore and offshore.
- Support the development of project deliverables as per project and client requirements.
- Prepare and review the company's work methodology and procedures.
- Manage client expectations, addressing gaps and changes while ensuring compliance with project, regulatory, and contract requirements.
- Attend Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) and Site Acceptance Tests (SAT) as required.
- Independently engage with regulatory authorities, classification societies, vendors, and clients to resolve queries and develop technical solutions.
- Promote health, safety, environment, and quality (HSEQ) policies within the team and meet HSEQ objectives in all projects.
- Participate in project progress meetings, addressing issues based on standard procedures and past project experiences to ensure timely progress.
- Perform duties as directed by reporting authority.
- Lead the site execution team in performing pre-commissioning and commissioning activities for instrumentation and control systems, ensuring adherence to safety procedures.
- Commission instrumentation and control systems, conduct functional tests, and obtain system certification from classification societies.
- Verify and close out safety-critical elements associated with the package.
- Ensure regulatory and statutory testing and requirements are met and documented.
- Perform risk assessments for the commissioning scope and conduct toolbox meetings.
- Supervise technicians in a safe and controlled manner, following site procedures and permit-to-work (PTW) requirements.
- Manage the office environment and guide commissioning engineers, assistants, and administrators.
- Plan daily work, manage project schedules and targets, and allocate resources as needed.
- Prepare and maintain commissioning records, observations, and checklists.
- Coordinate functional testing of commissioned systems and involve the Operations Team when necessary.
- Troubleshoot logic functions, propose modification plans for logic diagrams, and implement changes.
- Execute pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, obtaining system closure approval from the client.
- Prepare accurate technical reports for management and future reference.
- Travel to offshore project sites to perform offshore commissioning and assist with facility startup as required.
- Assist the team in performing startup procedures, stabilization, and performance testing offshore.
- Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines effectively.
- Solve problems independently or with minimal guidance.
- Analyze complex progress reports systematically to identify and address issues promptly.
- Manage time efficiently and prioritize tasks within tight project timelines.
- Interact with other engineering departments to obtain required documents and vendor details.
- Willingly work in a team environment, assisting multicultural and interdepartmental team members.
- Guide and motivate the Commissioning team to meet project deadlines while adhering to company standards and procedures.
- Share knowledge and provide guidance to junior staff regarding technical and project requirements.
- Conduct audits of procedures, safety practices, and documentation to ensure compliance and identify training needs for team members.
- A bachelor's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 14 to 17 years of work experience (or) a master's degree in Electrical or Electronics Engineering with 12 to 15 years of work experience, with at least 10 years in onshore/offshore Oil & Gas or FPSO projects. Alternatively, a diploma in Engineering with 17 to 20 years of work experience can also be considered as equivalent to a degree.
- Specialized experience in FPSO projects.
- Ability to define completion process concepts.
- Recent project experience in Testing, Pre-commissioning, Commissioning execution, and offshore startup.
- Early Experience in FPSO design, including FEED, detailed design, construction, commissioning, and startup phases.
- Comprehensive knowledge of FPSO functionality, particularly in Instrumentation & Control systems (Process Control System, Safety Instrumented System, SIL/SIF verification), preferably with knowledge of major DCS equipment and software providers.
- Experience in offshore plant startup, stabilization, and providing technical support to Operations during these phases.
- Experience working in strict regulatory environments, ensuring compliance with engineering and contractual requirements.
- Strong emphasis on safety awareness, including managing simultaneous operations (SIMOPS).
- Extensive knowledge of multiple technologies, projects, and applications, and familiarity with competing and alternative technologies.
- Proficiency in using software and database systems related to System Completion, Project Management (e.g., MS Project/P6), and general computer skills (MS Office).
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills.
- Ability to take a leadership role.
- Strong communication skills.
- A strong commitment to taking responsibility.
- Possible view to travel to China
Brunel International S.E.A Pte. Ltd.UEN No: 199603098R
EA License No: 16S8067Reza Johannes - R1871121
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel provides business services specialising in flexible deployment of professionals in the field of Engineering, IT, Legal, Finance and all disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. Our objective is to provide both our Clients and our Consultants excellence in all aspects of our service from resource planning through to the full life cycle of the assignment. Our Recruitment and Operations staff are experts in their fields with access to the best available network systems and are managed by experienced professionals. The added knowledge of, and proven ability in, international logistics and local laws and regulations enables us to provide an efficient, cost effective and fully compliant service.
Since our incorporation in 1975, we have developed into an international group with over 11,000 employees and an annual turnover over € 1,3 billion (2015). We operate from our own international network of more than 109 branch offices in 40 countries.
Brunel’s operational excellence is the product of over 38 years of successful business conducted throughout the world. This wealth of experience provides our Clients and Consultants with the confidence that their resourcing and employment requirements will be managed with the highest level of professionalism. This high level of service is the foundation of Brunel’s excellent reputation which in turn gives us access to the best of both Clients and Consultants
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Singapore is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Singapore