About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
About this role: Contract Advisor, Benefits & Retirement
Contract Advisor, Benefits & Retirement
Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Benefits, Retirement & Disability Management, the successful candidate will support the oversight of plan governance of the Company's Canadian Pension and Investment plans and be responsible for effective management of the plans. Plans include Canadian defined benefit (DB), defined contribution (DC) pension plan, and registered and non-registered savings plans. Support of Canadian benefits programs may also be required.
This opportunity will appeal to individuals who are looking to be a part of a specialty area within Human Resources (HR), who are collaborative, detail-oriented and who enjoy working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Work collaboratively with pension stakeholders and partners including plan consultants, actuaries, legal, auditors, and internal finance teams to ensure the plans are being administered in compliance with the plan text, applicable pension legislation, tax regulations and the Company’s policies.
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders and vendors
- Effectively handle and resolve complex questions and escalations on pension matters, and internal policy and practices.
- Participate and support internal and external pension audits as required.
- Oversee and support payroll, HRIS and vendors to ensure system, files and processes are up to date, and accurate to ensure data integrity. Resolve data / system issues as required.
- Oversee financial administration of the plans to ensure funding, invoicing and payments are accurate and compliant.
- Lead / manage / support annual pension projects as required such as annual DB pension enrolment.
- Responsible for annual compliance reporting (AIR, Form 21, etc.)
- Responsible for delivery of financial education program materials including updating internal employee communication, information sessions and modelling tools to promote and improve employee understanding and engagement of the plans.
- Coordinate the Management Pension Committee meetings, including preparing materials and pension reporting for the committee.
- Subject matter expert, responsible for internal training for team members, HR advisory and operations to provide employee support and ensure alignment of internal processes, practices, and standards.
- Participate in strategic plan reviews and implementing projects as required.
- Participate in the review and updates of internal processes, practices and standards with a continuous improvement perspective.
- Undergraduate degree in a related discipline, accompanied by a related industry designation
- Confident self-starter
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage changing priorities
- HRIS system expertise
- Workday and SAP is preferred In-depth knowledge of Canadian DC and DB pension program governance
- Key skills include: analytical, problem solving, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Minimum 5-7 years related experience within a benefits/pension
- COE required
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada
- Proficient with MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong financial acumen, project management, and vendor management
- Strong team player and customer service orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Roberto Caceres Junior is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Roberto Caceres Junior
Brunel Brazil - Rio de Janeiro