About this job
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
About this role: Brownfield Planning Specialist
- The Specialist Brownfield Planning Specialist is responsible for the schedule and aspects of the Progress Measurement System.
- This includes development, maintenance, monitoring, controlling and integration of the EPC schedule(s) including verification and reporting.
- Utilizes a systematic approach to problem solving that ensures accuracy, timeliness and quality of documentation in resolution.
- Able to work moderately complex tasks to completion within time constraints of project, with minimal guidance.
- Participates in the resolution of problems in more demanding and less familiar situations using precedent and own acquired knowledge.
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management expertise to the PMT.
- Ensures that schedule control and progress procedures are executed by the Contractor(s) to monitor its schedule control activities and progress reporting.
- Ensures that Contract implements the Contract with respect to scheduling, progressing, reporting and change management.
- Advises the EPC Contractor's organization with respect to adequacy of project controls tools, reports and schedules to ensure mutual alignment.
- Reviews Contractor monthly schedule and verifies logical links, durations and overall achievability.
- Changes from baseline and from previous month schedule identified and identified for trending, schedule slippage and emerging schedule risks. Including subcontractor schedules and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into the overall EPC schedules.
- Reviews and monitors Contractors Level 4 databases for completeness and accurate representation into the Level 3 Schedule.
- This includes Contractor(s) vendors and suppliers for both critical equipment and bulks and ensures that they have been correctly integrated into the overall EPC schedules.
- Advises Project Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends.
- Assists Project Team in developing and reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented.
- Analyzes the planned quantity metrics projections for all home office and site disciplines (e.g. Piping, Civil, Electrical, etc.). Monitors actual metrics quantities completed against planned.
- Reviews, verifies and endorses Contractor(s) monthly progress claims for accuracy of progress measurement used in the monthly progress certification process and works with project accounting personnel within the Business Team as part of the monthly invoice and payment cycle.
- Reviews project changes proposals/requests to evaluate detail schedule impact and detailing in Project Management of Changes requests (PMOC) schedule impact quantification. Ensures approved changes are correctly incorporated by Contractor in the overall schedule for stewardship purposes.
- Prepares and compiles Weekly and Monthly Reports (schedule & progress) input to Major Projects Reports.
- Bachelors of Science in Engineering, Engineering Technology, Construction Management (or equivalent), or relevant experience.
- Experience working on major offshore development projects is essential (>$1BN).
- At least Fifteen (15) years experience in project scheduling and controls for EPC oil and gas facilities capital projects / operating companies.
- At least Ten (10) years field scheduling experience on Major projects (>$1BN)
- Ability to work in multi disciplinary teams. Establishes credibility with peers and supervisors and makes good use of their time.
- Good written and oral communication skills and presentation skills. Ability to write clear and concise reports.
- Proficient in the use of PRIMAVERA (P6) / MS PROJECT planning software, Excel and Power Point.
- Good Computer skills.
- Familiar with key Project Controls disciplines (cost control, contracts/procurement, document control) and able to assist these groups ad-hoc as required.
- Willing to relocate to required project site.
- Responsible for own work product with minimal guidance and oversight from immediate supervisor.
- Extensive Experience in major brownfield modifications in operating facilities.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 31 Nov 2026 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Family
Join the Brunel Family
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Muhammad Umair Afzal
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha