About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, December 11, 2023
About this role: Sr. Project Engineer (Petrochemical)
- Responsible for leading and coordinating Projects Teams formed to provide complete projects management services to execute assigned projects in onshore areas from inception to completion and hand over.
- Prepare or review and implement project plans such as Project Execution, Risk Management, Assurance, Quality, HSE interface etc.
- Manage and coordinate a team of multi discipline Engineers to achieve a safe and cost effective design through timely resolution of technical and engineering issues.
- Participate in the preparation of tender packages, tendering process, evaluation of tenders and submissions with appropriate recommendations to relevant tender Committees.
- Generates and maintains risk registers by updating these in order to ensure that risks are managed and mitigated.
- Interface closely with end user and other stakeholders including Government and Statutory authorities and other third-party entities such as JVs.
- Participate in the processing and resolution and Variations and Contractor claims.
What you need to bring:
- B.Sc. Degree in an Engineering discipline from any recognized University; higher post graduate qualification would be advantageous. Membership in a recognized professional engineering and/or project management association/institution would be an advantage.
- A minimum of twelve (12) years relevant experience in engineering, project management and execution of oil & gas projects.
- Variable depending on role:
- Experience managing and executing brownfield projects on Oil and Gas projects.
- Experience in Pipeline and downstream tankages projects.
- Experience managing projects independently as the client/owner representative, preferably with an IOC.
- Experience in engineering coordination with various discipline Engineers during feasibility and concept optimization studies, FEED and EPIC.
- Can demonstrate skilled practitioner level in the following competencies: Manage Engineering Definition Activities, Coordinate Operational Requirements and philosophies into the Project, Manage Detailed Design Activities, Manage Construction Activities, Manage Operational Readiness and Assurance Process including Commissioning and Start-up, Handover and Close Out the project, Develop Project Execution Strategies and Plans, Manage Project Interfaces, support Management of Change (MOC), Manage and Communicate Project Performance, Identify and Manage Project Risks, Understand and manage project to meet the project schedule, support Planning Department in developing WBS, Manage Project within Cost and Budget, Manage Contracts including Changes and Variations, Understand and Manage GCOC's, Manage Equipment and Material Procurement of Long Lead Items, Manage Contractor Claims and Resolution, Identify and manage HSE risk
- Effective communication and team building skills including presentation, report writing and management of meetings.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 26/06/2024 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Muhammad Umair Afzal
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha