About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, December 5, 2023
About this role: Quantity Surveyor – A (Projects Payment)
- Performing quantities verification at site to ensure:-
- All parties comply with project payments established procedures and their alignment to the latest PWA Projects Payment Procedures Manual;
- Certified value of works and materials on/off site are in line with Contract provisions and latest PWA Projects Payment Procedures Manual;
- The works/quantities or materials certified by the Engineer/PMC/ Consultant do not exceed the executed works on site.
- To check the quantities executed and the materials delivered in the final accounts for all projects and compare them with the quantities in the As Built drawings of the Projects (if required in accordance with the contract provisions)
- Technical auditing
- Recommend necessary corrective action(s) for inconsistencies, errors and noncompliance with the Contract provisions and latest PWA Projects Payment Procedure Manual.
- Preparing report, reviewing & managing reports provide by team members; related to Quantities Verification task.
- Performing follow-up quantities verification at site to verify implementation of the proposed corrective action.
- Preparing report of the follow-up quantity verification.
- Checking and processing day to day all types of payments for PWA Projects.
- Provide advice on the issues raised by the PWA Departments regarding the payment clauses in the contract documents.
- Assist in contract closeout procedures.
- Checking Final Accounts.
What you need to bring:
- Should have a BSc degree in QS from recognized university with a minimum of 15 years industrial experience with MRICS professional qualification.
- Should have minimum 15 years demonstrable postgraduate experience in all facets of the Quantity Surveying profession; all of which shall have been applicable to capacity of a professional Quantity Surveyor working in a professional Consultancy practice or Employers’ organization.
- Last 05 years working experience (preferably in Qatar/GCC) shall be site based experience in Infrastructure (highway/road) Projects.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in procurement methods for consultancy and construction contracts as well as International contracting conditions and laws.
- Extensive knowledge in Civil Engineering Standard Method of Measurement (CESMM)
- Preferably, have minimum 05 years’ experience in the gulf region.
- Monthly Rate in QAR
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 years with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha