About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, February 28, 2023
About this role: Methanol Process Technician
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally;
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Maintain process stability at all times by close surveillance of operating conditions, reporting all abnormal conditions to Shift Engineer and take quick and decisive actions in emergencies (e.g. equipment failures or process deviations ) following SOP and work instructions;
- Review with outgoing Process Technician the previous shift activities: how the unit operated during the shift, abnormal parameters if any, log sheets, isolations, etc;
- Check readings and alarms on the field instruments / local panel and report abnormalities or deviations to Control Room and Shift Engineer for advice and further action;
- Isolate and prepare equipments for maintenance jobs as per conditions of work permit;
- Perform minor maintenance activities such as lubricating accessible rotating equipments and cleaning strainers (below 15 CM);
- Receive chemicals and unload caustic/acid road tankers. Load MeOH and MTBE in road tankers and ship. Collect samples of raw materials / intermediate products / final products for lab test to ensure quality.
What you need to bring:
Secondary School Certificate. Technical Diploma from a recognized institute is preferred.
- 7 years’ relevant plant operational experience as field operator in a large Methanol or Ammonia plant. Experience should include training in and exposure to the following areas of plant operations: Steam reformer, methanol / ammonia synthesis, Distillation, Steam generation, Water treatment, Product terminal (Jetty), fire water and sea water system.
- Thorough understanding of all relevant operational processes involved in various units of MeOH & Utility production process;
- Thorough knowledge of policies, procedures and work permit practices;
- Thorough understanding of field instrumentation;
- Basic understanding of routine maintenance tasks;
- Basic understanding of relevant operational control limits and tolerances related to world size MeOH plant;
- English Language (spoken and written);
- Awareness of Health & Safety Systems;
- Knowledge in Quality Management Systems;
- Time Management;
- Knowledge on Environmental Management Systems;
- Maintenance Principles.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Bea Cristina Pineda is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Bea Cristina Pineda
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha