About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Calgary
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Courses
- Closing date: Sunday, February 12, 2023
About this role: HSSE Systems Advisor
Our client is building
Canada’s first large-scale LNG facility underpinned by safety, continuous
improvement, quality execution and ethics and compliance. Our industry-leading liquefied
natural gas (LNG) export facility will provide the world’s cleanest LNG, with
the lowest carbon intensity.
- Assessing and measuring the quality and effectiveness of the client's HSSE Management System, processes, and materials and supporting the business to address the gaps.
- Identifying opportunities for improvement within the client's implementation of the Control Framework and working closely with the HSSE Systems Lead to develop and implement improvement plans.
- Working with the client's relevant stakeholders and the broader HSSE network to support the implementation of effective HSSE processes, quality materials, and fit-for-purpose tools.
- Supporting the client's Leadership to comply with the applicable HSSE&SP Control Framework (CF) requirements as per the client's procedures. Track and implement HSSE changes to the HSSE&SP CF and incorporate changes into applicable procedures and processes.
- Main HSSE focal for Project Level Assurance activities where HSSE is in scope.
- Facilitate and support the closing of findings resulting in Project level assurance activities.
- Coordinating the client's annual and other scheduled assurance requirements (MS audit, HSSE aspects of BAL, etc.). Coordinating the client's scheduled HSSE document reviews with document owners.
- Ensuring HSSE performance reporting is timely, accurate, and of high quality.
- Oversees the updating and facilitating of the HSSE Reporting and Notification process.
- Providing subject matter expertise in the classification of HSSE incidents and HSSE Risk Assessment Matrix (RAM) rankings.
- Providing ultimate QA/QC assurance of incident data entered in Sphera Cloud (general incident information, investigations, and corrective actions.
- Ensuring Sphera Cloud compliance reports are produced and distributed to incident owners on a consistent basis (data requirements, incident, and action status, etc.).
- Liase with HSSE Systems Advisor for the Asset in bridging applicable components of HSSE MS over to Asset.
- Liase with IT/ Digital Team for support on various applications (eg. Web hosting for Power BI, JotForms, T-Pulse)
What you need to bring:
- Frequent travel to Kitimat (~minimum every other month) for f2f interaction with direct reports is strongly suggested.
- Expertise in the field of HSSE; specifically, HSSE Management Systems and HSSE performance analysis and management.
- Typical years of experience: 6-8 years of HSSE Experience.
- Previous experience in HSSE Performance Reporting role(s) considered an asset.
- Direct staff report will be located in Kitimat, so the successful candidate must have the ability to create meaningful connections and effective interactions with these individuals remotely.
- Ability to function in a fast-paced, multi-location, major project environment.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Knowledge of Causal Learning Methodology.
- Lean or Six Sigma training is considered an asset.
- Intermediate to skill-level knowledge of HSSE Reporting Systems for incident reporting.
- Knowledge of data trending systems (Power BI)
- Knowledge of contractor safety management process and contracting.
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alyssa McLaren is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary