About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, December 6, 2023
About this role: Sr. Commissioning Engineer (Petrochemical)
- Represent as Commissioning Team Leader for all assigned projects in offshore.
- Review and comment EPIC Contractor SOW pre-commissioning, commissioning and completion activates.
- Lead project pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up engineering support services rendered by outsourced contractors with the objective to ensure that all such activities are conducted as per regulations, project commissioning procedures and industry best practices.
- Reports to Head, Commissioning on all commissioning related matters under execution for successful completion of commissioning.
- Improve commissioning procedures, Initiate and contribute to the commissioning deliverables standardization.
- Develop Commissioning Strategy, Commissioning Plan and obtain approval for the same in consultation with End User and in accordance with Contract requirements and in close coordination with Head, Commissioning and EPIC Contractor.
- Leadership of the Commissioning Team in the development and arranges for approval of the commissioning procedures for all systems and facilities.
- Organize and ensure availability of the Commissioning Team and arranges the required manpower support from End User and Contractor.
- Develop planning of the commissioning activities and ensure its implementation as per the approved Commissioning Plan and project schedule.
- Detail the activities into required systems and subsystems to facilitate commissioning and start up.
- Develop and arrange for approval of all commissioning handover checklists and certificates and coordinate with Contractor/Vendors to solve system/equipment performance problems.
- Work closely with project Construction Team, End User and Contractor to coordinate punch listing activities from beginning to end of the commissioning process including clearance and close out.
- Frequent long working hours may be required which include out door field work.
- Exposed to multi-disciplinary, multi-cultural environment requiring special coordination and expediting skills. Sound inter-personal relationships and effective communication within COMPANY and Contractor Teams.
- Coordinate schedule for vendors presence/visits at site(s), on-job training to assist in the commissioning of critical equipment and processes.
- Participate and contribute to ail safety design review and studies.
- Participate on FAT as of when required
- Review multidiscipline engineering deliverable from commissioning approaches. Support and assist project team in project closeout gate.
What you need to bring:
- B.Sc. in an Engineering Discipline or a Diploma with extensive experience in commissioning of oil and gas projects.
- Minimum of twelve (12) years' experience in commissioning design, construction, commissioning and start-up of oil & gas processing offshore Topsides, Wellhead Platforms, offshore manifolds preferably with offshore EPIC contracting companies.
- Minimum Ten (10) years’ experience as Commissioning Coordinator/Team Leader.
- Multi-discipline engineering exposure with troubleshooting and problem-solving skills is considered essential for the position.
- Experience in offshore projects construction, installation activities is strongly preferred.
- Strong technical experience in commissioning of F&G Systems, DCS, ICS, Power
- Management Systems, Instrument air, Wellhead Control Systems etc. in offshore.
- Good communication skills.
- Exposure to commissioning softwares ICAPS and similar
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 26/06/2024 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Chirag Bhatt is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha