About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Tuesday, December 20, 2022
About this role: SHES Specialist Process Area
Brunel is a global provider of flexible
workforce solutions and expertise, connecting specialists with clients across the globe. We deliver
innovative services like Recruitment (people, talent, and training), Logistics
(global mobility and travel), Technical Services (project support and setup)
and Consultancy to our clients both globally and locally;
Brunel is now present in 40+
countries with over 12,000+
offices worldwide, and close to €1
billion (Revenue 2021).
- Supports the Onshore EPC project in all SHES related disciplines and scope of work. Shall be flexible and team-orientated. Supports the SHES Lead as part of the PMT SHES representative for site activities;
- Provides oversight in field for newly onboarded EPC CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s) and Vendors, to verify understanding and compliance to project SHES requirements. Monitor site SHES programs and safe work practices, and review and evaluate data/ information/ systems as required;
- Champion on-site SHES awareness and safe performance with CONTRACTOR and among PMT. Daily attendance of Tool-Box Talks (TBT) and Task Instructions (TI), providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) to ensure this fundamental communication tools are used to its optimum levels;
- Supports the SHES Lead in providing oversight and guidance for site SHES and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC regulatory requirements. Review the CONTRACTOR SHES Plan & Procedure implementation at site;
- Verification of SHES site resource allocation, competencies and performance in assigned area of responsibility. Monitor newly mobilized SHES personnel. Provide mentoring and promote development of SHES personnel;
- Supports the establishment and maintenance of strong safety cultures in line with the Company and Project vision, mission and values. Support and promote the project Observation & Intervention program and the Incident and Injury Free (IIF) program;
- Provides support to the SHES Lead when interface with internal/external groups are required, e.g. COMPANY Major Projects, CONTRACTOR, SUBCONTRACTOR(s), RLC, and QP etc.;
- Demonstrate strong leadership and visible presence for in-field activities to build the safety culture and continual improvement on the project, through all phases of the work including SIMOPS;
- Participates in safety meetings as needed, including Area Leadership Team (ALT) meetings, and participates in meetings involving CONTRACTOR safety problems/incidents. Supports the SHES Lead (when required) in the participation of site safety reviews, walkthroughs, audits, pre-start up safety reviews, investigations SHES assessments etc.;
- Follow up and verify progress of all outstanding SHES relevant corrective actions in support of the SHES Lead including the timely follow-up and closeout of such actions.
What you need to bring:
- SHES related NVQ level 5; or equivalent or 15 year’s experience in lieu of the NVQ level 5 qualification.;
- NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC) or equivalent;
- SHES related Lead Auditor certification;
- TapRooT® Root Cause Analysis training (or similar, e.g. Tripod Beta or SCAT);
- 10 years’ experience in Occupational Health and Safety (or relevant discipline specific experience related to scope of work);
- International project experience with Tier-1 EPC Contractors or Client, involved in the construction of onshore production facilities (i.e. greenfield and brownfield work);
- Sound knowledge of the project execution process in large-scale project environments.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarfraz Mohammad is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy India Mumbai