About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Renewable Energy
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Hazelmere
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, March 10, 2023
About this role: Senior Mechanical Designer
On behalf of our client, a High-Profile Global Organisation within the Energy Sector, Brunel has a unique contract opportunity for a professional Senior Mechanical Designer, Perth based.
- Design and deliver Mechanical Designs for Heavy Mobile Equipment (HME) - Green Fleet
- Assisting the broader Engineering Team, as well as the Project Management and Workshop execution teams convert sketches and drawings into formal high-quality models and drawings
- Taking a lead in identifying mistakes and finding solutions
- Ensure documentation to Company standards is provided
- Assisting Principal Designer with team management responsibilities
- Coaching and mentoring intermediate and experienced Designers
- Design review and validation of various engineering designs and associated components
- Capable of prioritising and delivering work in a fast-moving environment
- Proactively deliver on the Company’s stretch targets
- Support in developing technical specifications to meet project specific objectives
- Liaising with a range of key stakeholders on all technical aspects of projects
- Providing regular updates to the Principal Design including work progress, risks and priorities
What you need to bring:
- Mechanical Engineering degree or diploma
- Extensive experience in Mechanical Design / Engineering
- Experience with design and/or manufacturing of mobile equipment (eg automotive, commercial, heavy mobile equipment, marine equipment and others) would be advantageous
- Experience in using 3D CAD, PDM & Laser scanning software packages (SolidWorks - desirable)
- Solid understanding of drafting checks and processes
- Comfortable correcting Design mistakes/improvements
- Proven ability to work with diverse stakeholders and in multi-discipline teams
- High commitment to Safety
- Proactive and self-motivated with a drive for excellence
- Results driven, responsible and accountable
- Excellent opportunity to expand your career in the Energy sector!
- Dynamic work environment
- Attractive negotiable hourly rate!
- Possible pathway to permanency
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Mandy Hobbs is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth