About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, December 4, 2023
About this role: Senior Contracts Specialist (Post Contract)
- Interprets contract provisions to help resolve claims and questions submitted by contractors in accordance with policies and guidelines;
- Initiates and/or conducts meetings with contractors concerning contractual problems as requested by Project Manager/Engineer.
- Establish and update records of all correspondence related to contract activity
- Ensure Contract Management & examine compliance per work scope.
- Ensures the accuracy and adequacy of the contract and its integral documents such as bonds, insurance, BOQs, and specifications
- Monitor the cycle for contract proposals through contract expiration or completion
- Review claims and disputes and recommend desired course of action to Head of Contracts Control Section.
- Archive and use current claims and dispute data as case study material to train staff in claims assessment and serve as guidelines for future contracts.
- Guides in processing requests for variation, addendum, extension of time, etc., in accordance with established procedures and exercises contract cost control.
- Manages the maintenance of complete, accurate, and up-to-date contract records and logs.
- Provide analytical support to the management team.
What you need to bring:
- Should have a BSc degree in QS or equivalent from recognized university
- At least 15 years industrial experience with overview contract implementation terms and analysis of commercial & technical contracts which includes condition of contracts, reviewing/ evaluating/ responding to proposal/variation/claim and delay requests, pricing and negotiations and handle dispute resolutions, and chargeback reports.
- Preferably, have minimum 3 years’ experience in the gulf region.
- Monthly Rate in QAR
- Work Schedule:
- 8 Hours / 5 Days
- 3 years with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, May Ann Panganiban Masaga is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
May Ann Panganiban Masaga
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha