About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- Hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Wednesday, December 6, 2023
About this role: QA/QC Inspector (Mechanical) - Petrochemicals
- Implementing the elements of Company’s management system applicable to your function.
- Your own safety and the safety of others who may be affected by Company’s business, whether or not the activity is under your direct control and proactively participate in all safety matters affecting the construction of the project.
- Preventing pollution to the environment, either by you or by others in project.
- Co-ordinating / attending the inspection, tests and punch listing on behalf of Company.
- Undertake familiarization with Project and discipline specific inspection documentation to ensure understanding of contract requirements.
- Implement quality inspection procedures on construction activities, suppliers, subcontractors to ensure compliance to project specification.
- Ensure that the documentation generated by the contractor for inspections, tests, surveillance and surveys meets the requirements of the Project Quality Plan, ITPs and project requirement.
- Ensure Completion of relevant forms and reports on inspections and tests undertaken by the contractor and maintenance of inspection records.
- Communicating effectively with the contractor, third parties and end users at your level.
- Ensuring that all equipment used for measuring and testing is in calibration and such records are available.
- Perform Surveillance of project site construction activities to identify problems and potential or actual non-conformances and to assist in proposing corrective and preventive actions.
- Liaise with other Field Supervisors and Contractor to be aware of planned and completed construction works to ensure NDE is planned and performed.
- Assist Sr. QA/QC Engineer in the review/approval of Contractor QA/QC documents such as QCPs, ITPs, WPS/PQRs/ Special Processes / Personnel qualifications, Material Approval Requests, MRBs, Project Dossiers etc.,
- Monitor / Witness Contractor’s fabrication, installation, inspection and testing activities related to the Structural Steel, Process Piping, Pipelines, tanks, heaters, Rotating Equipment and Static equipment including internals installation and associated preceding and succeeding interface activities.
- Witness / verify all inspection and testing activities related to the Welding, NDT, PWHT, Hardness testing, Alloy Verification, painting etc., starting from the procedures / personnel qualification till the respective systems hydro testing and ensure compliance to the project requirements.
- Closely monitor the performance of special process and personnel, weld Repairs / NDT status etc., Controls exercised by the contractor and inform Sr. QA/QC engineer in case of any concerns.
- Participate in the receiving inspection of project permanent materials and verification of associated documentation for traceability of Piping and Pipeline bulk materials, Structural steel, Static and Rotating equipment, Consumable like welding electrodes / filler wires / gases, Painting / wrapping materials etc.,
- Follow-up on Correction & Corrective Actions to close-out non-conformances.
- Monitor trends of non-compliance to Company requirements and feedback the status of Contractor’s performance.
- Initiate Surveillance / NCR’s for SR. QA/QC Engineer’s approval.
- Maintaining relevant QA/QC documents / records.
What you need to bring:
- Mechanical Engineering degree with experience in Quality Control in multi-discipline construction environment. Preferably having formal training in QC and membership with recognized charted or other professional institution.
- BGAS grade2 / NACE Level-2 Painting Inspector, CSWIP 3.2 / AWS-SCWI Sr. Welding Inspector and ASNT NDT Level-ll Certification is a must. Other equivalent certifications provided by internationally recognized organizations can be accepted.
- 10 years experience for graduate engineers and in Oil & Gas sector. Experience in GCC is desirable.
- As minimum, he shall have five (5) years’ experience directly relating to inspection/execution of construction activities, preferably worked in project management consultancy/ as client QC inspector.
- Candidate should have hands on working experience related to CRA Clad / Lined Pipeline / flow lines and / or the piping / equipment of exotic materials (DSS, SDSS, Ni, Cr etc.,) welding inspection/ testing.
- The candidate should have sound working knowledge on QC aspects and various testing requirements related to major oil & gas / petrochemical focused construction projects.
- Duties are normally complex and vary and require ability to work well with contractor’s personnel and colleagues at all levels in multidisciplinary, multicultural environment.
- Shall demonstrate working knowledge of codes such as ASME Sec I, V, VIII and IX, ANSI B31.3/31.4/31.8, NACE, and API 610/ 613 /616 / 617 / 618 / 620/650/682 and AWS D1.1, Specific experience in the process equipment internals, installations, and static and rotating equipment erection, alignment, testing activities. Shall have an internationally recognized certification in auditing ISO-9001 or equivalent and shall be able to exercise judgment against the criteria of the standards.
- Day Rate in QAR Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31/12/2026 with possible extension
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha