About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: VANCOUVER
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, November 12, 2022
About this role: Project Manager
The specific project is a water treatment facility which is a component of a larger program aimed at supporting continued sustainable mining at an existing operation in south-eastern British Columbia. The project scope includes water intake and outfall structures, water pipeline conveyance and pumping, access road construction, and supporting utility distribution including power and fiber. The project will utilize an existing facility to treat selenium and nitrate. The role includes coordination and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders involved in the larger program.
- Overall responsibility for the successful delivery of medium-large project (<$100MM) aligned to the project business case and in accordance with the key value drivers including health and safety, environmental compliance, schedule, cost, quality, and sustainability.
- Demonstrate and apply Courageous Safety Leadership
- provide project leadership and establish an execution framework to achieve successful project delivery
- manage and coordinate the efforts of a team of project specialists either dedicated to the project or shared project resources. Ensure effective communications and collaboration of the Owners team including project and business unit representatives
- provide commercial and contract management of specialist contractors and consultants through the life of the project
- initiate and coordinate the work of Teck functional groups required to meet project requirements
- coordinate and manage the input of Teck operations groups, including management of interface points
What you need to bring:
- understanding and experience in multiple phases of project execution, able to prioritize activities that have an impact on the critical path as well as efficiency and productivity of the workforce
- strong knowledge and experience in workflows of engineering and non-engineering disciplines, able to recognize gaps and bottlenecks and recommend appropriate adjustments
- experienced in facilitating resolutions between project participants and parties
- working knowledge of contractual agreements and proven ability to manage work within contract terms. Ability to resolve contractual issues and conflicts
- supervisory skills necessary to manage the work of discipline level managers and a medium-sized task force
- strong communication skills
- good knowledge and experience with organizational dynamics, conflict resolution skills
- experienced in all aspects of project delivery, including studies, detail design and procurement, construction, and pre-commissioning/commissioning
- leadership role in implementation and use of project control systems and procedures
- can clearly articulate priorities, success factors, risks, and opportunities to the project team
- can effectively manage teams or disciplines to deliver to project requirements
- ability to motivate and inspire teams
- construction/pre-operational testing experience in a supervisory role preferred
- Engineering degree with PMP certification and/or MBA preferred
- 15+ years successful experience in development and delivery of capital projects
- Proven experience in supervisory positions managing diverse teams
- Builds the Organizational Legacy - Takes action to build Teck’s reputation related to social responsibility, sustainability of resources, environment, and a culture focused on the health and safety of employees and the communities within which it operates.
- Inspirational Leadership - Develops loyalty and commitment in others by articulating an appealing yet realistic vision of the future. Displays self-confidence. Demonstrates courage and conviction in actions and behavior.
- Integrity and Credibility - Demonstrates honesty, sincerity, and respect for individuals by delivering on commitments to all constituents and acting in the best interest of Teck, its partners, and the community. Lives the values of the organization.
- Building Relationships - Focuses on collaboration and negotiation within all the constituencies: across the organization, partners, communities, etc. Promotes Teck as a valued partner and an employer of choice.
- Communication - Uses a variety of communication tools and skills to influence and share information. Is courageous in communicating and creating a culture of open communication.
- Teamwork - Builds a culture of teamwork across constituents and stakeholders. Involves people in decisions that will impact their work and community. Leverages diversity to improve decisions and teams.
- Change Leadership - Identifies necessary change. Ensures the organization is able to effectively and efficiently move through transitions and develops individual agility and acceptance of change.
What We Offer
Why apply through Brunel? Finding the next step in your career can be a fulltime job in itself. We manage the process for you: from submitting your resume to coordinating interviews to extending offers and assisting with on-boarding. We’ll get you going while you get on with the job.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Over 45 years, we’ve created a global network of interesting clients and talented individuals working together through a vast array of services.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Leonardo Lopes is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Canada - Calgary