About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Cost Control & Procurement
- Location: Louisiana
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Other
- Closing date: Monday, January 15, 2024
About this role: Project Estimator
Brunel is currently seeking a Project Estimator for a contract role with our mining client. Position will be on a 4/1 rotation (for non-local candidates) located in New Orleans, LA.
As a Project Estimator you will review cost estimates within project controls functional area for capital engineering and construction projects at all stages of the lifecycle. Reviews project estimates as well as assisting to prepare estimates if and as needed. Collect benchmarking data on historical projects. Participate in risk reviews on capital projects. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures.
What you need to bring:
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree in appropriate Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related discipline and 8 years’ experience in engineering, construction, or project controls and at least 3 years of experience in estimating
– OR –
- High School diploma or GED and 10 years’ experience in engineering, construction, project controls with at least 4 years of experience in estimating
Language Skills, Certifications and/or Training
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to multi-task in a high paced project environment
- Experience with ERP system, estimating software systems and SAP.
- The use of EcoSys is preferred.
- Experience in setting up estimates, WBS structures.
- Understanding of overall planning process and best practice on capital mining projects
- Construction experience with an ability to maintain awareness of occupational hazards and safety precautions in a construction environment.
Position offers a generous daily pay rate along with accommodations, travel, and monthly stipend for non-local candidates only. As a full-time contractor with Brunel, you are eligible for medical, dental and vision on your first day of employment. This contract position also comes with a 3% 401K match.
Large global mining company.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Sarah Logan is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel USA - Houston