About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, December 23, 2023
About this role: Planning & Scheduling Engineer
Are you ready to take your career in planning and scheduling to the next level? our client is a renowned leader in the energy industry and they are searching for an exceptional individual to join their dynamic team.
The Planning and Scheduling Lead is a specialist in project schedule development, control and forecasting.
The Lead will assess Contractor and company generated schedules for usefulness, logic, level of detail, input sources, timing, lines of communication, and interfaces with other functional elements and consistency with Current Control Estimate, Work Breakdown Structure, and the Project Plan
They will also establishes the schedule requirements and frequencies of issue for all of the contractor schedule deliverables.
- Provides overall project schedule, progress measurement, and change management leadership and expertise- ---
- Advises Project Controls Lead and Project Leadership Team of any potential schedule issues and when necessary, provides guidance on, corrective action and measures to mitigate any adverse trends
- Develops and reviews schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and verifies needed actions/plans are implemented
- Reviews project changes to evaluate detail schedule impact; responsible for quantifying and incorporating the effect and impact of approved changes in the overall schedule stewardship and reporting.
- Supports Project Team with ongoing project progress measurement and schedule analysis, reporting, and forecasting activities- Ensure that contractor scheduling practices and progress measurement system comply with project Coordination Procedures
- Lead Contractor to development Contract Control Schedules and Milestones- Ensure integration of subcontractors’ schedules and progress measurement system
- Monitor contractor performance vs. approved baseline schedule to assist management in identification of issues and development / implementation of corrective actions or recovery plans- Analyze progress, schedule trends, and develop forecasts to support management decision making
- Participate in contract bid evaluations (as required for schedule evaluation)- Ensure that contractor schedule reflects / align with external schedule requirements and interfaces such as permitting and regulatory
- Assist Project Team in developing/reviewing schedule corrective actions and recovery plans, and making sure needed actions/plans are implemented- Provide direction and feedback to schedule engineers (owner and contractors) on schedule development and control expectations during execution
- Participates in gathering and recording Lessons Learned for the project that relate to progress and schedule areas
- Maintains regular contact with the Functional Organization- Maintain close liaison with members of the organization
- Drives and promotes capital efficiency on projects being stewarded by the department
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Engineering Technology or Construction Management Preferred but will also consider those with extensive Planning and Scheduling experience
- Prior oil and gas industry experience preferred
- Experience in Project Controls, Project Services and/or Planning/Scheduling
- Supervisory experience required
- Willing to work overseas in a team environment, relocate to project site as required
- Strong influencing, consulting, mentoring, analytical, and computing skills
- Advanced competency in Primavera Project Planner (P6)
- Adaptability to changing priorities
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to multitask and respond quickly to urgent analysis requests
- Role is based in Long Island Point
- Monday - Friday roster
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane