Permit To Work Coordinator
Vacancy number • PUB406414
Permit To Work Coordinator
Our client in Kitimat, BC is seeking a Permit to Work Coordinator, and Brunel is helping with the search. The candidate will report to the PtW Implementation Lead and provide quality assurance and compliance checks on permits prepared in the common facilities area. The main responsibility of the Coordinator is to ensure that permits are of consistent quality and that all safety and compliance requirements are met. Additionally, the PTW Coordinator will uphold the PtW process and track the KPIs relevant to the PtW process, enabling early detection of unwanted trends and escalation thereof.
About this role
- Act as Super User/SME for the Permit Vision system tool
- Screen permits prepared in common facilities area including the risk assessment and mitigation plan, isolation and LOTO plan and ensure that controls are in line with the PtW manual, local regulations and HSSE Control framework
- Elevate the need to add PtW issuing resources should the number of permits per day exceed the predefined limits
- Prepare the PtW and LOTO preparations work to be done by the night shift enabling every day to start smoothly with well-prepared permits, isolations and gas tests
- Act as site focal point for the PtW and safe isolation work process and look for opportunities for continuous improvement
- Deliver PtW and safe isolation specific training and refreshers to asset operations and maintenance personnel as well as contractor staff as and when required
- Monitor and publish PtW process KPIs on a monthly basis and instill a continuous improvement mindset with the PtW issuing team
- Execute surveillance on PtW applicant’s compliance to the PtW manual and elevate applicant’s complaints to the Head of Operations to provide adequate follow-up
- Act as super user for the company’s electronic PtW system
- During EXECUTE phase of the project (including commissioning, start up and ramp up):
- Lead the operations readiness delivery taskforce to setup and implement company’s CSU hybrid PtW system and Operate phase electronic PtW system
- Setup and implement the transition PtW system to be used during early operation
- Own and conduct a PtW readiness plan and assessment applying a test environment that can serve to ensure the CSU roll-out will go smooth in context of lessons learnt from past mega projects
- Take ownership in defining the specifications for the LOTO hardware procurement enabling timely outfitting of the E-houses and sub stations
- Support Operations training lead and operations trainers to identify PtW and safe isolation training requirements and develop and deliver training material
What you need to bring:
- At least 15+ years experience in plant operations at Gas Processing facilities plant or Refining operations
- Previous Oil & Gas experience in similar role, and with implementation of Permit Vision system, especially in the clients or large scale refinery/manufacturing complex will be advantageous
- Experience in mega projects and CSU roles
- In depth understanding of PtW and safe isolation and LOTO work processes, process safety fundamentals and appreciation for overall job execution workflow is must
- Adopt a mindset of making things work and making it safe as PtW process requires to be set-up from scratch, so be pragmatic yet know when to intervene and elevate issues
- Do not feel shy to ask for help since this is a formidable task and the ORCSU and asset team aspires to be a high-reliability team that collaborates
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Roberto Caceres Junior is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406414