Vacancy number • PUB406445
Our client, a leading multi-billion-dollar company, is embarking on an ambitious venture to construct a state-of-the-art giga factory. This facility will revolutionize our industry and redefine the way products are manufactured. Brunel is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Mechanical Engineer to join our client’s dynamic team.
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will be responsible for reviewing and producing the mechanical drawings and design for the construction of our client’s downstream production plant in Canada. In collaboration with their blueprint team, you will lead the mechanical scope from design to commissioning.
About this role
- Delivery of mechanical scope throughout all phases of the Project.
- Work closely with multiple parties involved in the project to develop and finalize mechanical design and engineering deliverables.
- Interface with EPCM mechanical engineering team and lead design activities
- Track and follow up on design development, and review of design documents.
- Review pipe routing, piping layout, and supporting philosophy and provide guidance to Piping Stress analysis team.
- Review equipment specifications such as tanks, pressure vessels, heat exchangers and piping components, etc.
- Support procurement activities (RFQ, BoQ, MTO) and review vendor drawings
- Provide construction support during construction and lead RFI response activities.
- Ensure requirements of applicable codes and standards are followed closely.
- Perform shop inspection during equipment fabrication as needed to ensure quality standards are met.
- Provide input into layout and during 3D model reviews.
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- P.Eng or OIQ
- 8+ years of professional experience in a similar role, with a focus on piping and static equipment
- Design and construction experience within a mega greenfield project (200M +)
- Experience within one of the following industries: EV Battery Manufacturing, Pharma, Oil &Gas, Mining, Chemicals.
- Experience with Shop inspection
Nice to have:
- Experience and interest in manufacturing industry
- Experience on the client side preferred.
- Experience with Clean and Dry Rooms
- Familiar with rotating equipment, HVAC, cooling towers
- Fluency in other languages
- Experience from a multi-cultural environment
What We Offer
Why work with Brunel? We are proud to offer exciting career opportunities from over 100 offices globally in 42 countries. Advancing your career takes time and effort – let us match you to your ideal position.
Brunel has a reputation for working with some of the best in the business. That’s what we continually strive for. Brunel provides the global recruitment and workforce services you need to lead your industry. With 45 years of market experience in Renewable Energy, Automotive, Oil & Gas, Life Sciences, Mining, and Infrastructure, we help you finish major projects safely, compliantly, on-time, within budget and at the highest quality, so you can keep growing – anywhere in the world.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Clemens Snoeijer is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406445