Vacancy number • PUB406629
Brunel is partnering with a global leader in inspection, verification, testing, and certification services, who are searching for a highly skilled Loading Master to join their team in Gladstone, QLD.
About this role
As the Loading Master you will supervise, control and manage the entire berthing and loading operations of the LNG carriers in a safe, efficient, and customer-focused manner.
- Conducting compatibility studies for LNG tankers and monitoring mooring analysis using the OPTIMOOR program.
- Participating in pre-arrival correspondences with relevant parties.
- Supervising berthing, mooring, and un-berthing of LNG tankers, as well as gangway movement.
- Conducting pre-load meetings and discuss the ship shore checklist with vessel's senior officers.
- Carry out safety checks, and emergency shutdown tests.
- Supervising the loading arms' connection, observing pressure tests, and reporting any issues.
- Following up on LNG loading to ensure a smooth and safe operation.
- Communicating with terminal personnel for cool-down operations and adhering to loading rates.
- Conducting periodic safety inspections on ships and jetties.
- Overseeing ramp down, loading completion, purging, and draining operations.
- Managing cargo documentation, relieving staff on leave, and ensuring compliance with client and site requirements.
What you need to bring:
- Marine Qualification - preferably Master Class I, minimum Chief Officer Certificate of competency (Desirable) OR 2nd Engineer with LNG experience.
- Experienced in the loading and berthing of the LNG carriers.
- Ability to plan and manage time and resources.
- High degree of organisational skills.
- Sound knowledge of procedures, including ISO (9001-2008) systems.
- Professional manner.
- Proficient in OPTIMOOR program.
- Valid Australian Driving License.
- Obtain and maintain Maritime Security Identification Card (MSIC)
- Sound knowledge of the Shipping Industry.
- Gladstone, QLD based role
- 5 days on 4 days off roster
- $148,000 p/a
- Candidates must reside in Gladstone or be willing to relocate (relocation packages available for suitable candidates within Australia)
Operating locally since 1997, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 45 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Tim Stock is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406629