About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Mining
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Western Australia
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, March 16, 2023
About this role: Lead Engineer
Brunel Energy is sourcing a critical Lead Engineer (Civil or Mech) for our blue-chip mining client to ensure the delivery of quality engineering outcomes for the development of a new mine site, located in the beautiful Peel region.
This is an urgent requirement for a Principal/Lead/Senior Engineer to occupy a key management position on the project, so prior experience in Engineering Management with strong communication and leadership skills is an absolute must. The successful applicant will have flexible working arrangements for the first two years, then should consider that they would need to be predominantly on-site during construction.
- Manage engineering design contracts to fulfil the “concept to completion” deliverables for allocated projects on time and within budget
- Define and/or challenge the project solution and engineering scope to ensure they are fit for purpose
- Ensure engineering design quality by getting it right internally and from external providers – Tollgates and standards
- Eliminate the excess scope items or engineering design deliverables required to meet the project & post project objectives
- Maximise the value from the Engineering Service Providers (ESPs) by proactive monitoring of performance and reducing variations
- Standardise and maximise the re-usability of engineering design while looking for opportunities to reduce costs that assist in higher business value
What you need to bring:
- Bachelor of Engineering (Civil or Mech) essential
- Engineering/project management or contract/commercial management exposure essential
- Experience in design execution, management, and integration
- Experience in construction quality control and commissioning support
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills working with internal stakeholders and third-party contractors
- Mining engineering experience highly valued
- Highly competitive rate for residential role
- 12-month initial contract with potential to extend long-term
- 8-hour days with flexible working arrangements including start/finish times
- Monday - Friday: No FIFO or rosters, home in your own bed - every single night
- Brunel Benefits – salary packaging, flexible payroll options, discounted gym & health membership, corporate travel benefits, plus more
Anything Else?Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Danielle Collins is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth