About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Queensland
What is required?
- Hours per week: 38
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, May 12, 2023
About this role: HSE Advisor
Searching for a field based Health, Safety and environment advisor on a 15/13 roster in Chinchilla
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
Our client is searching for the right candidate to provide field based Health, Safety & Environment support, engagement and coaching for projects work scopes, personnel and contractors to ensure;
The role is within the Projects & NOV HSE Manager reporting line and will involve close liaison with field projects personnel, contractors and HSE team and collaboration with the other asset HSE teams and business delivery functions and includes;
- Leading by example to promote and develop a positive HSE culture and psychologically safe environment that recognizes and supports human performance elements;
- Providing HSE subject matter and regulatory advice to the projects field team to ensure compliance with Shell QGC HSE processes & procedures and Petroleum & Gas and Work Health & Safety legislation;
- Supporting the development, review and effective implementation of safe systems of work processes including work planning, pre-starts, risk assessments, permit to work, emergency response and after action reviews;
- Actively participating in on site engagement and coaching to ensure hazards, controls and safe systems of work are understood and applied;
- Recognising good HSE behaviors and practices and respectfully intervening and constructively challenging and reporting unsafe conditions, behaviors and practices;
- Preparing materials and sharing HSE information, procedures, initiatives, HSE alerts, awareness packs, observations and lessons learnt with frontline workers and contractors including participating in HSE meetings & pre-starts;
- Supporting the development and management of Projects scope related HSE Improvement Plans and schedule of HSE activities;
- Assisting the field project team with the management and investigation of HSE events including action tracking;
- Organising, managing and participating in field based HSE assurance activities along with proposing opportunities for HSE improvement;
What you need to bring:
- Proven experience as a HSE professional / practitioner with a HSE/ Technical/ Operational qualification
- An understanding of construction or civils activities preferably in the oil & gas industry is desirable
- Strong HSE knowledge which can be effectively applied to the work site and experience in effectively engaging and influencing field based workers and contractor personnel in HSE aspects
- Knowledge of Australian HSE regulatory requirements, local procedures and permits particularly those associated with Petroleum & Gas and Work Health & Safety legislation
- Strong communication and team working skills
- 12 Month Contract with potential to extend
- $805 per day on offer
- 15/13 FIFO or BIBO roster from Brisbane
- Work with one of Australia's leading gas producers
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane