About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, August 31, 2023
About this role: Functional Safety Engineer
On behalf of our client, a global green energy company, we are currently looking for an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to join the Industrial Safety Team within the Green Industry sector.The successful candidate will collaborate with project and engineering teams to ensure all systems are demonstrably safe and reliable and will develop safety requirements for systems to achieve safety targets and required safety integrity levels.
They will develop safety plans in accordance with AS IEC 61508, AS IEC 61511, ISO 26262, AS 4042, EN 50128 and other industry standards. They will also coordinate with Functional Safety consultants and OEMs for the design and/or supply of safety instrumented functions, Functional Safety Assessments and Audits, and champion Functional Safety across Green Industry.
- Collaborate with project and engineering teams to ensure all systems are safe and reliable.
- Develop safety requirements for systems to achieve safety targets and required safety integrity levels.
- Develop safety plans in accordance with industry standards.
- Coordinate with Functional Safety consultants and OEMs for the design and/or supply of safety instrumented functions, Functional Safety Assessments and Audits
- Champion Functional Safety across Green Industry
- Promote a culture of proactive Functional Safety engagement.
What you need to bring:
- Engineering Qualification with previous experience in Functional Safety
- Experience applying IEC 61508 or any of its derivatives such as ISO26262 (automotive), ARP4754 and ARP4761 (aerospace), AS ISO61511 (process Industry), EN50128 (rolling stock), ISO13849 (machinery control systems), AS IEC62061 or AS 4024 (machinery) etc. to development programmes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A proactive, 'can-do' attitude, willing to support and collaborate with other team members and engineering functions.
- Functional Safety Engineer Qualification (e.g. TUV Rhineland or equivalent) is highly desirable
- Experience in use of ExSILentia for modelling of safety functions is highly desirable.
- An understanding of energy storage systems and/or controllers is desirable.
- At FFI, we celebrate and respect people’s differences and commit to providing an inclusive work environment.
- 6 month contract with the view of permanent employment
- Perth based
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Yamila Cabral is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth