About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: United Arab Emirates
What is required?
- Hours per week: 48
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Thursday, March 30, 2023
About this role: Fabrication Manager
- The Fabrication Manager shall assume full responsibility for delivery of the fabrication scope working in conjunction with his counterparts in the MTV Consortium. The job holder is expected to ensure that a robust fit for purpose fabrication scope is delivered by MTV in line with agreed execution plans, technical requirements, and Project HSEQ requirements. Day to day the incumbent is expected to ensure the readiness and preparedness of MTV for conduct of fabrication activities and assess, manage and control the ongoing fabrications;
- Provide management and leadership to direct reports in the Fabrication Team during all project phases.
- Monitor and manage all facets of work within the fabrication scope of work to ensure that schedule, cost/budget, technical, quality and HSES requirements are, as a minimum, met or improved upon;
- Implement a documented readiness process to ensure a progressive preparation is made by both MTV and Company towards the start;
- Establish a Fabrication Team organization and man plan matched to the relevant project phases and implement for timely manning;
- Establish an accurately defined schedule for all phases of fabrication work and ensure this remains up to date;
- Ensure appropriate processes / ways of working are established and implemented appropriate to the work activities being undertaken;
- Bring to earliest attention of EPCI Manager issues which are a significant threat to the Project and offer mitigating measures / work plans;
- Provide reporting function towards EPCI Manager for fabrication work activities, including tracking of work progress;
- Act as delegate to the EPCI Manager as requested when the EPCI Manager is unavailable and undertake tasks to assist EPCI Manager as required;
- Ensure all fabrication work activities are performed in compliance with project contractual and technical requirements and are fit for purpose;
- Ensure all aspects of load-out, sea fastening and sail away from the fabrication yard are properly prepared and conducted (inc. MWS engaged);
- Provide leadership and support for the implementation of the risks process within the fabrication scope;
- Provide effective leadership in identification and resolution of fabrication interfaces working in conjunction with other managers / senior discipline engineers and MWS in an efficient and cost-effective manner;
- Provide leadership within fabrication SOW activities for all HSES performance and compliance including monitoring of performance, implementation of corrective measures for performance issues and pro-active implementation of schemes / activities for improvement;
- Provide effective leadership in Quality performance and compliance across fabrication work activities and ensure that all fabrication work activities are performed in compliance with a high regard to Quality Assurance and Control;
- Management of fabrication scope delivery and Fabrication Team during the project execution phase.
- Safe and on time delivery of the fabrication scope of work within the EPCI Contract whilst ensuring a high level of quality consistent with a project design life of 20 years;
- Ensure compliance with Company HSE requirements within all work activities.
What you need to bring:
- Minimum of 15 years experience in management of major fabrication work scopes and proven team leadership / management skill set, minimum of 20 years relevant track record in oil and gas fabrication activities;
- Experienced leader, able to assess and analyze a fabrication work package, contractor capabilities and challenge the robustness of execution plans;
- Fluency in the English language and capable to represent the project in front of all stakeholders in a professional and organized manner;
- Secondary schooling level qualifications.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Suresh Jogi is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UAE Dubai