About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Aberdeen
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Sunday, December 10, 2023
About this role: Environmental Specialist (Project)
- Purpose & Accountability;
- UK legislation (offshore and onshore);
- Advise on pragmatic and credible risk management solutions for priority environmental risks associated with projects/developments;
- Ensure identified risks and controls are transferred into project execute and operate (including new permit conditions), including the inclusion of commitments made and agreed risk controls into the terms and conditions of contractor contracts;
- Develop scopes of work for contractor support. Manage contractors and consultants: preparing permit applications, Opeps, environmental impact assessments, Eshia and supporting studies & modelling, including baseline and monitoring studies and surveys and environmental management programs;
- Fulfil the role of impact assessment lead with support from impact assessment subject matter expert;
- Engage with the environmental regulators on a project level;
- Conduct assurance activities on compliance;
- Facilitate incident investigations;
- Support of environmental internal and regulatory reporting (e.g. EEMS, SERS, SPRI, IRS) for projects & development.
What you need to bring:
- Degree (or industry) qualified in relevant subject;
- 12 years experience in UK regulatory frameworks & requirements (Onshore Or Offshore);
- 6 years of projects & development support experience;
- A good understanding of the upstream business and how it works, including credible front-line experience of managing HSSE;
- Ability to engage and effectively communicate at all levels inside and outside shell and within different cultural settings;
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to challenge and ability to build internal and external relationships based on trust and to integrate across multiple functions.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Michelle Birnie-Mackintosh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy UK Manchester