About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 45
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Saturday, January 6, 2024
About this role: Environmental Advisor
Chevron Australia has an opportunity for an Environment Advisor to support a diverse range of ecological monitoring programs to meet operational and regulatory requirements across multiple Chevron assets, and primarily those on Barrow Island.
The role will be part of the Chevron HSE Environment and Quarantine Systems Team based in the new Perth HQ at Elizabeth Quay and will require occasional site travel.
Ecological focus areas include sea turtles, seabirds, terrestrial and subterranean fauna, flora and vegetation and non-indigenous species. The position will contribute to a wide range of activities, including the logistics and mobilsation of Business Partners undertaking ecological surveys and monitoring programs, maintenance and improvement of Chevron HSE documentation to support incident and injury free operations, maintenance and improvement of field schedules, collation and management of scientific data, technical review of consultant analyses and reports, and oversight of contractors undertaking environmental fieldwork and quarantine surveillance activities.
What you need to bring:
The Environment Advisor role would suit a recent graduate or early career environmental scientist looking to gain experience in the resources sector. You will be degree qualified with well-developed oral and written communication skills and experience with managing projects to meet tight timelines.
In addition, you will have some experience in logistics and field survey requirements, data management and analysis as well as an ability to present complex issues in a clear and concise manner to a range of stakeholders.
Additional qualifications such as Coxswain certification or demonstrated ecological experience in the marine or terrestrial environments would be beneficial but are not essential.
The Environment Advisor will also:
- Provide support to program managers working on environmental monitoring and safeguard assurance activities supporting Chevron assets and Major Capital Projects, including input into technical surveys and critical assessment of data and reports.
- Liaise regularly with key stakeholders including business partners and internal teams to ensure effective planning and safe mobilisation of Business Partners executing assurance activities, including management of site-based assets and equipment.
- Lead the maintenance of the Environment and Quarantine Field Schedule for all activities including organizing and chairing regular planning meetings and communicating schedule updates to stakeholders on a regular basis.
- Coordinate studies designed to better understand risk, environmental impact assessment, and support Regulatory approvals.
- Provide technical advice in support of engagement with Expert Panels and other focus group.
- Contribute to the updating of documents and guidelines as needed.
- Demonstrate a commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices.
- 2 year contract
- Compressed work week
- Foot in the door to a world leading energy company
Anything Else?Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alessandro Alberti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth