About this job
- Market: Energy
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Area of expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Perth
What is required?
- Hours per week: 40
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, December 22, 2023
About this role: Development Engineer - Environmental Compliance & Decarbonisation
On behalf of our client, Woodside Australia, we are currently seeking a Development Engineer - Environmental Compliance & Decarbonisation to join their Perth based team on a 2 year contract.
As part of the NWS Project Extension, an opportunity exists to join the team that will progress modifications required to reduce emissions at the existing Karratha Gas Plant infrastructure. This is a once in a generation opportunity to reduce emissions at KGP by considering all reasonable/efficient/practicable measures and modernising elements of the plant.
The purpose of the role is to manage progression of Onshore Development Opportunities through the Assess, Concept Select and Concept Definition phases.
- Recommend high quality concept selection decisions that integrate inputs from all stakeholders
- Identify, challenge and articulate business cases for opportunities
- Agree and manage opportunity schedule and costs,
- Manage external engineering contractors
- Manage interfaces with engineering contractors and internal supporting disciplines
- Engage stakeholders including operating assets and NWS JV’s
What you need to bring:
- Tertiary qualified, preferably in Science or Engineering
- 5-10 years industry experience (seniority dependent)
- Front end development experience preferable
- Facility engineering experience preferable.
- Process engineering experience would be an advantage but is not mandatory
- Ability to integrate multi-functional stakeholders to develop constructive working relationships
- Understanding of engineering requirements for legislative, regulatory, and business process compliance
- Understanding of NPV and economic analysis
- Ability to apply informed engineering judgement across multi-disciplines, balancing input from across the Company
- Ability to influence and earn credibility across the organisation and contractors through written and verbal communication
- Perth based role
- Competitive rates
Anything Else?Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 120 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Alessandro Alberti is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number:
Brunel Energy Australia Perth