Construction Superintendent Building & HVAC
Vacancy number • PUB406400
- This position is for overall coordination and overview of the building/HVAC requirements for Topsides project in Yard2 (QFAB).
- Reviewing and assisting in approval of Building Architecture, Insulation and HVAC procedures.
- Advise Contractor and Company of any non-conformance to the technical requirement and project specifications.
- Verify that the scope of work is completed in accordance with applicable safety, environmental and to the required quality standards.
- Providing continuous support, coordination, and advice to the Head of Construction Yard-2 (QFAB) on building Architecture, insulation and HVAC issues concerning execution and the oversight of contractors.
- Provide extensive knowledge and advice to the PMT in respect to safety, technical, integrity and operability aspects of the building & HVAC systems of the Offshore Topside facilities and supervise building & HVAC contractors ensuring the delivery of the process and design is in accordance with company requirements, specifications and standards.
- Works effectively within established and clearly defined policies and procedures and participates in the further development of these to meet changing needs.
- Works on large capital expenditure projects in a highly dynamic team environment that has tight-deadlines, high pressure and visibility, requiring accuracy, initiative and the ability to multi-task as essential skills.
About this role
- Lead structural (building floor, walls and roof) fabrication, insulation, architectural and HVAC activities during construction and pre-commissioning phases for the Topsides.
- Analyze and follow up of EPCI daily architectural and HVAC construction reports. Discuss and rectify any quality deficiencies and related NCR’s.
- Attends internal and external construction meetings, facilitating construction planning, progress, deliverable and action, comment and close out of any finding.
- Ensure contractors use relevant, up to date codes, standards, specifications, and drawings.
- Advise the Head of Construction of any non-conformances by the contractor.
- Verify contractor fabrication progress and measure performance. Prepare daily/ weekly progress report.
- Provide guidance to the Contractor to promote compliance; verifies compliance with the Contract and fitness for purpose of the delivered processes and systems for Topsides.
- Actively participates in Project Lessons Learned Process, facilitating capturing and closure.
- Review and check that the building related insulation, Architectural and HVAC drawings, specifications and procedures are approved for construction in accordance with the construction schedule and sequence.
- Review and check that the material (panels, supports, insulation, ducts etc) and equipment (HVAC, Inline instruments etc) are delivered to site in accordance with the construction schedule and sequence.
- Review and check the Vendor personnel mobilization requirement during the construction phase.
- Verify the requirement and availability of temporary services (like AC, Doors, Power supply etc. inside building) needed during the construction phase.
- Review scaffolding requirement and scaffolding alteration plan inside the building during various stages of construction and pre-commissioning activities.
- Lead constructability study for installing the delayed items inside the building. Prepare out of sequence installation plan and incorporate same in the schedule and manpower requirement.
- Coordinate with other discipline to ensure that all hot works (such as E&I and Piping supports, penetrations etc) are finished before the building is realized for coating / insulation.
- Liaising with the QA/QC teams in verification of all architectural and HVAC related ITPS.
- Interfaces with the discipline engineers, construction engineers, and inspectors in a professional manner.
What you need to bring:
- Engineering Degree or similar, relevant experience may be taken if coupled with HNC/HND, however any qualification, technical or knowledge requirements may be waived through relevant work experience.10 years of major oil and gas offshore project experience in a fabrication or construction capacity.
- 10 years of experience in architectural, insulation and HVAC ducting discipline with at least 5 years demonstrated senior construction supervision experience in major capital projects. Knowledge of HVAC equipment and installation is an added advantage.
- Significant experience in working with EPC Contractors and interfacing with specialized service suppliers.
- Demonstrated ability and sensitivity to work with people from a variety of cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a focus on teamwork and the ability to communicate and interact within a PMT.
- Application and in-depth knowledge of stakeholder specifications and a working knowledge of Industry standards.
- A high level of proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in MS Office, Excel and other relevant applications.
- Excellent communication / written skills and ability to work with different disciplines.
- Sets situations/issues in the context of the entire team and has an appreciation of the wider relationships with other people and organizations.
- Works independently within established procedures, plans and budgets and contributes to the development of these.
- Has autonomy over scheduling and planning of own work; organizes efforts of work group to achieve overall efficiency.
- Establishes credibility with peers, subordinates and supervisors.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 10 Hours / 6 Days
- 36 months, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Are you ready for the next step in your career? Join Brunel’s powerful global network, where passionate, results-driven specialists come together with industry-leading clients. By connecting specialists to pioneering projects, we drive change in many industries, enabling growth and delivering great outcomes. Brunel helps you reach your full potential and empowers you to make an impact within a purpose-driven global company.
Explore your career opportunities!
At Brunel, we are proud of our unique corporate culture, which is shaped and nurtured by the collective efforts of our employees. Our work environment is characterised by an authentic, communicative and inclusive approach to teamwork that fosters an atmosphere of collaboration and creativity. Our values are at the center of everything we do – for our clients, our colleagues and ourselves.
Since 1975, our mission has always been to connect specialists to exciting career opportunities, to support the development of these careers, and to offer fair and equal employment. This has enabled us to create a truly sustainable and durable business model. Having a passion for people and caring deeply for the environment is not only part of Brunel’s DNA but is also reflected in our culture and values. As a global company, we take our social responsibility very seriously.
Join us on our mission!
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Dhirendra Singh is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use this number: PUB406400