About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Construction, Commissioning & Operations
- Location: Australia
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Master
- Closing date: Sunday, 25 June 2023
About this role: General Manager
Brunel Papua New Guinea are seeking an experienced General Manager. Our client is an association with the major Oil and Gas Project in Papua New Guinea which have sustained significant growth therefore requiring an experienced General Manager to support their continued success. The role will be Port Moresby based with attractive Salary package on offer.
Reporting to the International Board, you will always act in the best interests of our client, whilst adhering to Company and Affiliate Vision, Mission and Values. Demonstrate personal commitment to HSSE and to the values and principles of the Code of Conduct. Maintain and safeguard confidential files, documents, and records as they relate to Company operations.
Activities of the role:
- Applying and following the client contractual QHSE obligations, QHSE policy and procedures
- Develop and maintain the integrity of the ISO Management Documentation System and standards of ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 22000, & ISO 45000
- Identifying, developing, and directing the implementation of business strategy; Performance, Administration and Finance, Human Resources, Customer & Client Relations, Partner relations, Operations, Management control, Budgets, Business Development, Contract administration/management and Marketing plan
- Planning and directing the organization’s activities to achieve stated/agreed targets and standards for financial and trading performance, quality, culture and legislative adherence
- Directing functions and performance via the executive team
- Maintaining and developing organizational culture, values and reputation of the company with all staff, customers, suppliers, partners and regulatory/official bodies.
- Profit & Loss responsibility for the company
- Oversight of all operations across Papua New Guinea
- Ensuring that finances are responsibly and rigorously managed and reported and that an effective risk management system is in place
- Ensuring compliance with applicable local, national, industry, Client and joint venture health, safety and environment (HSE) laws, regulations, procedures, processes, and management systems including statutory
- Recruiting, managing and supervising staff efficiently and effectively to successfully carry out your responsibilities
- Ensuring strong and supportive relationships are built, maintained with the various partners, clients and stakeholders
- Providing the operational leadership in maintaining a productive, cost-effective, safe and legal workplace
- Ensuring National Content requirements are fulfilled with all stakeholders
- Ensuring the Company acts as a Good Corporate Citizen.
- Responsible for developing new revenue streams on both existing and new contracts.
- Driving the growth of new business and retention of existing contracts
- Effectively representing and promoting the company at public and industry events and functions
- Executing any other task to ensure the success of the business and organizational responsibilities with a view to improving profitability and maximizing local content.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- The ideal candidate will be very hands-on and have experience of mobilizing and supporting and directing multiple operations
KEY ATTRIBUTES WILL BE:
- Energetic and a Self-starter- will be setting up the office, hiring and establishing a team and operations in the field
- Strong admin and organization skills
- Solid team manager and team developer
- Strong but not overpowering personality – will need to interface with clients and other companies for development and operational issues. Must be someone able to develop a strong network, be tactful and demonstrate professionalism
- Flexible and adaptable - ready to take direction as well as set up and manage on own
- An excellent company ambassador
- Qualifications – Relevant Degree Qualified, MBA an advantage
- PNG experience would be preferable to suit client and work environment
- Experience – At least 10 years in a similar position with applicable experience
- Competencies – Comprehensive technical knowledge of remote site operation services & construction an advantage
- Proven management, financial, administration, logistical, and contract skills
- Fluent spoken and written English with strong report writing skills
- Customer/Sales-focused; commercially astute with well-developed business skills
- Excellent safety awareness in all aspects; excellent management, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills; Methodical, thorough, proactive, numerate; Capacity to adapt and learn rapidly in a dynamic work environment
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel CommunityBrunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Papua New Guinea. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract or permanent.
Operating in Papua New Guinea since 2008, Brunel has their major bases in Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning 44 countries, 100 offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Wilfred Kochannek is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane