About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Project Management & Services
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 54
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Monday, 18 December 2023
About this role: Senior Project Cost Controller
- Should be responsible for the running cost model's development and ongoing improvement.
- To prepare/revise and distribute the cost centre’s comprehensive budgets.
- In-charge of the project's cost reporting, monitoring of allotted expenses, time tracking, and monitoring of the activities involved in processing invoices and their associated KPI reports.
- Master Control Estimate/Current Control Estimate (MCE/CCE) development and maintenance
- Major Projects involve the development of new offshore platforms, installation of subsea pipelines and debottlenecking of the produced water treatment, all these activities could be executed across several international sites
- Interfaces with other entities of especially with Finance for all commercial matters
- To promote and adhere to applicable safety guidelines and other company’s HSE policies in all activities.
- To carry out work in compliance with Company values and policies, relevant laws and regulations, agreed Company priorities and objectives, Company standards and procedures and good industry practices
- To treat all information obtained during course of the work with confidentiality
- To support in preparation of Contract documents and provide challenge to the commercial and reimbursable terms, ensure CBS is aligned with WBS etc
- To liaise with VP, Project managers and B&D entity to review Cost Estimate based on benchmark data
- To support in preparing project CAPEX for Final Investment Decision
- To prepare for review of the annual detailed budget and revisions by consulting with various internal entities and adhering to the finance department's prescribed budget standard format.
- accountable for the presentation and for providing the necessary defense of the budget performance
- To control the amount of money available for each commitment
- To maintain budgetary discipline, highlight current trends, and explain differences between forecasts and budgets
- To create a record of all commitments, expenditures incurred, and forecasted expenditures for all contracts and purchase orders controlled by Major Projects; to update, monitor, and regulate this register.
- To carry out particular Cost Analysis
- To contribute to the PALM system as needed with respect to commitments, payment schedules, invoicing, time sheets, and cost control issues.
- With Project Control and the training department, review the MP training matrix and make sure that training is given as needed.
- To prepare the monthly closure and ensure that accruals made in the PALM system are consistent with the status of the current project(s)
- To compile the required documentation for compliance with accruals.
- To timely provide project management with a complete internal cost report (including Trends, Areas of Concern, Budget Variance Analysis, Commitment/Expenditure Figures, Forecast at Completion, TW, AK Follow Up, etc.) with comments.
- To make sure that all information about project expenditures, contracts, budgets, cash flows, forecasts, etc. is accurate and auditable.
- To act as the interface with the Finance entity and provide them with data for incorporation in corporate financial documents
- To supervise the contractors and suppliers cost control activities
- To put in place an effective billing procedure between the various project locations
- To keep track of invoices and work with Accounting to ensure prompt payment of invoices
- Setting up and enhancing the CDS mechanism.
- To promote cost consciousness within the entity
- To ensure confidentially is being kept as per sensitive data
- To liaise with internal and external auditors for cost justification
- To prepare the required cost recovery related documentation
- To liaise actively with Finance entity for all matters related to cost and accounting as required (Commitments, invoice processing and payment, accruals, payment claims and disputes...)
- To prepare commercial close out of each contract and archive all financial documentation as per NOC guidelines, for the MP costs center
- To carry out any other duties or tasks that may be assigned by hierarchical superiors
- Degree in Economics or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in similar activities for oil &gas projects.
- Advanced knowledge & experience in use of relevant computer systems (SAP, BW, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Power Query, Power BI)
- Fluency in English
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 31-DEC-2025 with possible extension
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Muhammad Umair Afzal is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Muhammad Umair Afzal
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha