Product Owner (Safety Barrier Degradation Monitoring Tool)
Vacancy number • PUB406398
- To define and own the overall strategy and direction of the product. Iterate with and engage stakeholders and sponsors to test and refine requirements.
- To be the business and users’ representative within the DPG taskforce, to support product adoption by the users, provide post-production support & bugs resolution and manage users’ feedbacks.
- To maximize the value of the product resulting from the work of the development team including User Experience aspects.
- To deliver assigned use case in accordance with the use case detailed statement of requirements and timeline.
- To work across organizational boundaries and with external consultant and technological partners to develop the new digital solutions executed in an agile way of working.
- To involve people in change and influence through others to ensure that IS and the business entities are always aligned and contribute as per expectations during the development phase.
- To support the Scrum Master in maximizing efficiency of the squad team.
- To line report to the Head of Product Owners regarding DPG issues & functionally report to the business manager concerning performance, training requirements and career development
About this role
- Safety & Working Environment
- Uphold and be a role model for core values, Incident Free and leadership behaviors.
- Help maintain motivation, team-spirit and camaraderie.
- Use Case:- Development & Envisaging
- Keep a clear understanding of what the products are, have a clear vision for that product, and preferably sub-goals to achieve during sprints.
- Keep value creation and vision realization for the products as key criteria before adding anything to the Backlog.
- Use Case:- Planning & Management
- Express clearly product backlog items and order them to best achieve goals and missions.
- Ensure the product backlog is up to date, visible, transparent, and clear to all and shows what the squad will work on next.
- Ensure the Development team understands items and priorities in the product backlog to the level needed. Continuously perform backlog refinement and re-prioritization.
- o Escalate obstacles to the Head of Product Owners and the Head of Methods as deemed necessary.
- Use Case:- Agile Working & Delivery
- Support the Scrum Master in facilitating the agile methodology and practices so that the team can deliver value early and frequently.
- Ensure feedback loops are in place, for example by having the Development Team interact with stakeholders during the sprint, is essential for Agility.
- Ensure the technical requirements of the Development Team are heard and leverage their knowledge and expertise to do Product Backlog refinement and ensure there is a shared understanding of what to achieve and why in order to optimize the value of the work the Development team performs.
- Use Case :- Communication
- Communicate continuously with all product stakeholders ensuring everyone is up to date, present at the Sprint Reviews or Product Backlog refinement, is aware of decisions being made and understanding the product’s vision and goals.
- Manage continuously the product stakeholders and the functional expectations of the users to ensure alignment with business and the future users.
- Qualification: BSc degree preferably in chemical engineering, Control and instrumentation or mechanical with minimum 10 years’ experience in Upstream O&G core operations (FOPS, D&W, E&C, Safety engineering, etc.).
- Knowledge of scenario based assessment or QRA, SECE identification, performance standards, bowtie and safety barrier development in line with IOGP standards
- Knowledge or experience with agile development and with UX/User Center Design principles.
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical staff.
- Good problem solving and facilitation skills, great time management and organization skills, team spirit behavior, and proven ability to work cross-functionally.
- Fluent in English as a business language.
- Day Rate in USD Plus Allowance
- Work Schedule:
- 9 Hours / 6 Days
- 12 months, renewable
A powerful global network, connecting the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver skilled talent and workforce services that transform global projects in Conventional Energy, Infrastructure, Renewable Energy, Life Sciences, Future Mobility and Mining.
Empowering people is our business. Our specialist recruiters strive to connect talented individuals with opportunities that align not only with your immediate expectations, but your long-term career trajectory as well. Brunel has built a reputation for working with some of the world’s largest and most innovative businesses. Talk to us about how we can help you to reach your goals.
Brunel connects the most talented and experienced specialists with both present-day and pioneering projects. With 120+ offices and more than 12,000 specialists around the world, we deliver people and workforce services that transform global projects in Engineering & Construction, Oil & Gas, Renewable Energy, Mining, Infrastructure and Life Sciences.
Brunel is passionate about ensuring we are a business with a conscience. Not only does Brunel have a defined global Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) strategy, but we also have our own dedicated Brunel Foundation which has been working to ensure that we are contributing to a better future for both our people and planet for over 10 years.
Do you have questions?
If you have questions or would like to discuss the details of this role, please contact Dhirendra Singh quoting publication number: PUB406398