About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Health, Safety, Environmental & Quality
- Location: Qatar
What is required?
- hours per week: 60
- Education level: Academic Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 9 June 2023
About this role: Lead Environment & Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Lead Environment & Regulatory Compliance
Specialist will support the site implementation and verification of the NFPS
Compression project EPC(s) Environmental Plans & Procedures, MOECC Consent
to Construct (CTC) and Environmental Permitting requirements through clear
planning, formal communication and interface between all involved parties.
- Supports the various EPC(s) project(s) in all Environmental and Regulatory related matters. Shall be flexible and team-orientated;
- Manages the onboarding of EPC CONTRACTOR(s), Subcontractor(s) and Vendor(s) to site, ensuring all relevant Environmental requirements are met prior to the start of site works. Helps to ensure compliance to the CTC, EIA & EMP requirements and conditions, and monitors the implementation of the Environmental Action Plan (EAP);
- Champion on-site environmental awareness with CONTRACTOR(s). Providing coaching and leadership to CONTRACTOR and its SUBCONTRACTOR(s) in terms of environmental issues;
- Provide oversight and guidance to EPC Contractors for site Environmental and Regulatory compliance and performance during project fieldwork including compliance to RLC and MOECC regulatory requirements;
- Lead Project work planning & execution coordination including Coral Relocation, Environmental Surveys & EIAs with Environmental Consultants.
- Environmental Science or Engineering Degree (BSc, MSc) or equivalent;
- Minimum of six (06) years industry work experience in Environmental / Regulatory work experience and a minimum of 3 years in Oil & Gas/Petrochemicals/Utilities;
- Oversee Environmental Management Program at EPC Project site;
- Be inventive to bring new ideas, methods and procedures to meet Project objectives;
- Strong teamwork, facilitation, with the ability to communicate and interact at all levels of the organization;
- Ability to work with diverse cultures to obtain a world-class SHES performance;
- Creates high quality and accurate output in a timely manner;
- Team player who can effectively collaborate within Project Teams and with external parties.
- Day rate in USD plus allowances;
- 10 hours / 6 days (26 days per month);
- Until April 2026.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Emmanuel Puzon is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Qatar Doha