About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- hours per week: 38
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 18 November 2022
About this role: Instrumentation and Controls Engineer
Seeking a Controls Engineer with experience in the oil and gas industry for a 12 months contract (potential to extend) to support Altona Refinery tea.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The main functions of an Instrumentation and Controls Engineer is to Evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with project specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the project's goals, objectives, and procedures.
Assures accurate and timely communication among the Project Team and other Company functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
In addition to technical ability, they should demonstrate sound communication, facilitation, and interpersonal skills.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Execute control system life cycle management programs which include control system inventory, obsolescence plans, managing spare parts and upgrade/replacement planning
- Support control system maintenance and test planning as required, software upgrades, ESD testing, offline and online testing, and coordination of activities with/without plant shutdowns
- Support metering systems maintenance planning including for custody transfer, allocation, regulatory, and leak detection applications
- Support planning and coordination of tasks related to control system cyber security
- Review systems for compliance with company’s Industrial Control System Requirements (ICSR) to minimize cybersecurity threats
- Participate with multi-disciplinary alarm management efforts including alarm rationalization, prioritization, development of state based alarm schemes, and design / modification of alarm systems
- Review update and develop instrument and controls technical documentation / drawings including P&IDs, cause and effect, and control narratives
- Travel to production affiliate office/facility locations for onsite support or rollout of new global support initiatives
- Bachelor’s or MS degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Extensive knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Able to review, evaluate, and update cause and effect, P&IDs, logic and architecture diagrams and control narratives
- Experience in selection, application, and ISA data sheet specification of hardware including pressure/ temperature /level instruments, control valves, shutdown valves, and fire/gas detection
- Proficient in data collection and analysis with common database and software data analysis tools such as SAP, Analytics for Excel and Tableau
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
- Altona Refinery
- Monday- Friday
- $1132 per day including super
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane