About this job
- Market: Energy
- Branch: Oil & Gas
- Area of Expertise: Engineering & Design
- Location: Victoria
What is required?
- hours per week: 40
- Education level: Professional Bachelor
- Closing date: Friday, 7 October 2022
About this role: Facilities Engineer
Seeking a Facilities Engineer Specialist with experience in the oil and gas industry for a 12 months contract (potential to extend) to support the Melbourne and Gippsland Production facilities system.
Brunel Australasia are currently partnering with one of worlds premier petroleum and petrochemical companies. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture.
The main functions of a Facilities Engineer is to evaluate and comment on discipline engineering work performed both internally and by Contractors and sub-contractors to ensure that work is being executed in accordance with Company specifications, company standards, and regulatory requirements.
Facilitates effective execution of discipline engineering and design routines that align with the team's goals, objectives, and procedures.
Assures accurate and timely communication among the team and other company Functions on discipline engineering activities, progress, and issues.
These roles will be based in Sale or Melbourne and may include a request for occasional short trips (eg.2-3 days) to offshore platforms or time on site at the Longford Gas Plant.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be an Area engineer for operations for a specific plant area.
- Work in a team with other Facilities engineers, Site Contact & Lead Engineers to support assigned operations area and gain knowledge/exposure to other areas of plant.
- Conduct Monthly Facilities Surveillance of area driven KPI's.
- Provide operations support for changes, repairs & alterations of all plant pressure equipment (including piping, static equipment, rotating equipment, tanks etc.).
- Provide shutdown engineering support.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical, Civil, or Electrical Mechanical Engineering or related engineering specialty, or equivalent professional experience
- Strong knowledge of discipline design standards, specifications, codes, and appropriate safety criteria
- Ability to adapt to tight deadlines, heavy workloads, and frequent changes in priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs
- Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as it applies to technical and business communications
- Melbourne or Sale VIC based role
- 10hr days Monday- Friday
- 12 month contract (potential to be extended)
- Great Culture | Safety Focused | Professional Team
Join the Brunel Community
Join the Brunel Community
Brunel is a recruitment and flexible workforce solution provider which connects talented people with opportunities throughout Australasia and around the world. We specialise in highly skilled roles across a variety of technical, professional, trades and craft disciplines, pairing candidates with industry-leading projects and organisations on a contract, permanent or secondment basis.
Operating in Australasia since 2001, Brunel has major bases of operation in Perth, Sydney, Brisbane and Port Moresby, which are further backed by the strength and reach of a truly global network spanning over 40 countries, 100+ offices and 45 years of successful operation.
Brunel is proud to be equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander and female candidates.
Start applying immediately
Sending an application is quick and easy. Just make sure you have the required documents ready to go.
- Certifications (optional)
- Job references (optional)
- Motivation Letter (optional)
Any questions remaining?
Your consultant, Darren Leavey is happy to clarify anything about this vacancy. When reaching out, use the pub number:
Brunel Energy Australia Brisbane